Child theme Executive problems with Buddypress

Dear Sir/Madam,

We recently purchased the Executive cild theme and were very happy with it.
We stumble into a lot of problems though with the integration of Buddypress:

The buddybar looks all smeared and can't be used
Searches don't work at all, so I had to find a workaround by automatically adding all new members to a specific group that is now used as a members directory
The forum looks terrible http://kennisportal.sednasoftware.com/forums/
There are huge differences between the looks in different browsers

I'm not a programmer, zo I'm afraid changing all these things will be a time consuming and very expensive job.
Do you have a good tip for me?
Can we make it work on the Child executive theme which we loved http://kennisportal.sednasoftware.com/ or do we have to go for another theme. And if so, is there any theme very similar that does work perfect with Buddypress?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Karin Vinke

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Karin!

I've taken a look at your site and I can't get any pages to work which suggests a bigger problem.

Does the site work okay when you use the default BuddyPress theme? If not, try de-activating all your plugins except for BuddyPress and try again.

It looks like there are either plugin conflicts or issues with the actual install itself.

Let me know how you get on,
    Phil

• pmo netherlands
    • New Recruit

I'm very sorry, but I uploaded a plugin that gives a fatal error and since I'm not a developper, I can't fix it and will have to wait for support.

In the mean time I changed themes to the buddypress business theme. It's better to reinstall everything than to have to adjust just about everything in the Buddypress part of the website.

Buddypress looks great now; unfortunately the invite friends doens't work, maybe that has to do with the version of my Wordpress which seems to be too high for most plugins.

Thank you anyway!

• Siobhan
    • New Recruit

Hiya Karin,

We've not heard back from you for a while so I'm going to assume that this problem is resolved.

If it isn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Siobhan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.