Child Theme Won't show under "Network Admin/Themes"

I’m trying to install the Child Theme of Blogs-MU. Parent shows just fine in the admin panel, but the child theme is nowhere to be found.

I’ve changed the names in my site directory (wp-content/themes) to be the same, ie: blogs-mu-child and blogs-mu-theme with no success. Am out of ideas.

Thanks for any help you can give.

• eagle1
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the reply Timothy!

That would be the obvious question, and yes I have. In fact I’ve now done this for several of the themes, and am getting an error that says it needs a valid parent theme. Of course I’ve installed the parent themes to the web content/themes directory as well.

I’m loading the themes via FTP, The child theme is being uploaded from the themes folder in the parent theme directory (after unzipping of course).

I’ve never run into this issue before, so am very confused.

• eagle1
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the tip, PCWriter.

I've tried that a couple of times, including just letting it put whatever it wants to when I upload it. Still, I only show the parent them in my NetworkAdmin/Themes list. See the screenshot below!

Thanks!

Arne

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Another question then: when you say you uploaded the child theme and changed the name, that makes me think that maybe you uploaded the themes folder inside blogs-mu instead of the blogs-mu-child folder inside blogs-mu/themes, then changed the name of the child theme folder. Could that be the case?

• eagle1
    • Flash Drive

No. I uploaded the whole theme folder to start with. Actually had the child theme done correctly. Once I looked at the open theme folder, I saw the parent theme folder and uploaded it. Then everything was fine.

Thanks again!

Arne

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Again pcwriter, excellent work here.

eagle1, excellent I’m pleased to see this one now resolved.

What pcwritter wrote:

Even the most experienced dev can sometimes feel like a complete n00b when faced with something unfamiliar.

Is absolutely true, and when an experienced dev gets something wrong he should know and often does know, its even worse. I’ve done this a few times when I read something to quickly and misunderstood. lol

Anyway, glad to see this one sorted now. Excellent work guys!

Take care

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.