Choice on Sign up

HELLO!!

so...

I use pro site and blog templates to allow users to sign up and choose their template.

now question.

I have 2 levels. one for ecommerce and one for non ecommerce....

so at the moment, I have everyone going to ecommerce but I would rather split the templates up and let the user choose either ecommerce or non ecommerce right from the start

any ideas?

• aecnu

Greetings bonmaklad,

This is an interesting challenge though I do not think a single network is of the right construction meeting the possible needs of each "level" but rather two separate networks each one catering and specializing in there respective field.

In other words it follows along the thinking of "Jack of all trades, Master of none" and more appropriately in my opinion to be Master of both would be better.

With two networks it would be easy enough to cross reference each other with the clients desire (possibly they would want one of each?) and also to maintain them both too including if something goes wrong with one the whole thing is not torn up.

Please give it some thought and let me know if you possibly agree with this perspective and see the wisdom within.

Cheers, Joe

• bonmaklad

yep so I decided on shopezy.co.nz to be PURE online shop using two levels

basic - $19 a month and one theme (gridmarket) and up to 15 products
    premium - $39 a month and 10 premium themes based on framemarket and up to 150 products.

then

ezywebsites.co.nz will be a 50:50 automated service. Although I would love to automate the creation of these, I feel people need the required set up and then once they are up they can keep peddling themselfs.

so.... will be charging $199 set up fee and then $9 or $29 per month dependant on what they need. (I didn't really want to be the same as everyone else but I feel I may have to be)

also....

if I win the auction on a domain I want... I will be giving away free blogs to New Zealand with very basic themes and services and will charge for the ability to change those services.

it's a lot of work and I am getting a ton of conflicts with re uploading all the plugins. but I think your right. I think splitting it up and maybe bringing it together under one umbrella style company like Ace Enterprise (one of my do nothing companies) is probably best.

• aecnu

Greetings bonmaklad,

Thank you for your additional input into this subject, it is greatly appreciated and I see you are envisioning the plan in your minds eye :slight_smile:

So many folks come on here with "A" an idea and "C" a way to get the money, but have no clue about "B" or a vision thereof and expect us to fill that in which is certainly not part of our mandate.

It is refreshing to find someone who has "B" going on but just having some issues maturing it to production.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.