choose free trial level for new sites

Older versions of Pro sites gave an admin the ability to determine what plan he wants to use as his free trial plan.
How can I choose the Free trial level? I do not want to use the minimum level as the free trial level.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @kate

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question :slight_smile:

I don't think currently there is an option to select a level for free trial. Let me tag the developer @Rheinard if there is any easy workaround for this.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Kate

The developer @Rheinard is quite busy in another project, didn't get time yet to check this issue. But I have left him a personal note about this, so he will reply as soon he is online.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Rheinard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @kate,

I have restored the ability to choose your trial level. This will be pushed out in the next update (can't give you an ETA at this stage).

If this is an absolute must have, you can update the following files manually (files attached).

They go in the following locations:
    /pro-sites/pro-sites.php
    /pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/Registration.php
    /pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/View/Settings.php

These changes will be maintained in the next update as its now been added permanently.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

• kate
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hi.
    thanks. tested it on my local install and got the following error after choosing a trial level and attempting to add a new site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProSites_Gateway_Stripe::attempt_manual_reactivation() in D:\xampp\htdocs\myswitemshopdb\wp-content\plugins\pro-sites\pro-sites.php on line 2105

• kate

Only manual payments enabled.

I earlier experienced an issue/bug in which I couldn't change the currency because no payment gateway was selected. The currency field did not load at all. To obtain a workaround, I enabled Stripe, change the currency for my gateway and disable stripe. That changed the currency for my site and I continued with manual payment option.

• kate

hello @Ashok AND @Rheinard,

Season greetings. I updated my plugin and could see that the changes have been incorporated into the updated plugin.

However, I have observed that turning on the trial for a level automatically gives every new site free trial for the stipulated period / displays the notification of the free trial regardless of
    1. if it is a paid account or not.
    2. if the new site is on another plan that isn't the free trial level.
    I can achieve free trial via whmcs provisioning (fixed term plans) but I would like only those on the stipulated free trial plan to see the trial information /notifications and to be given free trials.
    thanks

Please kindly help.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @kate

I hope you are doing good.

I am sorry for the delay in your thread. Unfortunately, Rheinard left us so currently @Umesh Kumar is checking the Pro Sites issues. I have sent a private message to him and he will reply you back as soon as possible. We really appreciate your patience.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.