"Choose Option" Button Style Different From "Add to Cart"

I love the look of the "Add to Cart" button but I have 1 item that has 2 variations. On my products page the button there shows up as "Choose Option" which is fine except that it has a totally different style from the "Add to Cart" button... How can I get it to look like the rest but still say "Choose Option"? I didn't see a way to do it in the settings.

• aecnu

Greetings nolan_ether,

@hpidriver thank you for confirming this issue, it is certainly appreciated. Can you possibly confirm it for version 2.8 Beta?

Thank you for letting me know.

I'm using whichever version I got when I paid $19 and downloaded it. I assume it's not the beta since you're selling it.

I have no way of knowing how or what kind of subscription you have since I am not part of the billing team nor do I have access to that information.

Are you unable to download the 2.8 Beta from the link I provided above?

I imagine you can but I certainly do not know everything.

Please let me know about testing for this anomaly with the beta or I will certainly bring this issue to the lead developer for version 2.7, but it is in everyone's best interest including yours I believe to have this fixed in the next upcoming version.

It is an exercise in efficiency to have the lead developer make sure this is corrected in the upcoming version since all this time it has not been mentioned before in 2.7

Please advise on which path you prefer to take - I can alert him to 2.7 or see if it is present in version 2.8 Beta.

Cheers, Joe

• nolan_ether

It's version 2.7 that I have. I'd prefer to wait to download the beta until the bugs are worked out since it's the website for a business selling products online. I saw a thread a few days ago where they just released the beta and people came back with all kinds of bugs to fix.

For 2.7 it's not just the height of the button that's different. It's actually a different button.

You can see it here

• hpidriver

@aecnu I have attached two screenshots from version 2.7
    The first screenshot you can see the slight difference in the height of the product box. This is how it displays with the following lines in style.css ( recommended from @Patrick )

div.mp_product_meta a.mp_link_buynow {
    width:90%;
    }

h3.mp_product_name {
    height:15px;
    overflow:hidden;
    }

The second screenshot is from the same page but with different styling. Neither cart button is shown and uses the following lines in style.css instead

#mp_product_list .mp_product { position: relative; width:250px; height:250px; float:left; margin-right:16px; overflow: hidden; }
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_content { position:absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width:250px; height:250px; overflow:hidden; }
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_name { position:absolute; bottom: 30px; left: 0px; z-index: 10; font-size:15px; text-align: center; }
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_name a {background-color:black;text-decoration:none;}
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_name a:hover {background-color:white;text-decoration:none;}
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_meta { font-size:0px; }
    #mp_product_list .mp_product a {color:white;text-decoration:none;}
    #mp_product_list .mp_product a:hover {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_content img { width:250px; height:250px; position: absolute; z-index: 1; }
    #mp_product_list .mp_product_content a img { width:250px; height:250px; }

• aecnu

Greetings nolan_ether and hpidriver,

@hpidriver Thank you for your additional thoughtful input and screen shots - dynamite.

@nolan_ether I believe that it is in your best interest to go with the update since the beta version is being very actively worked on daily and the response time of the lead developer quite a bit more robust at this point in time.

In addition, it would be a shame to have him fix the styling for this in 2.7 and when 2.8 comes out of Beta find that the styling is back the way it was.

However, the choice is yours of course and at this point for me it is my duty to report this item to the lead developer.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings hpidriver,

Thank you for the comment which is indeed appreciated.

I am with you 110% on this issue being addressed permanently and across the board if at all possible.

I am sure the extremely talented WPMU DEV lead developer will come up with a solution and it is certain he will include it in the 2.8 Beta if it has not been already - especially since we have indeed brought it to his attention.

Cheers, Joe

• hpidriver

Why would I go with the beta if it's being actively worked on daily? Why wouldn't I wait until the bugs are worked out before updating since I have a business that runs on the platform?

You have somewhat answered your own question the way I see it. The beta release is more recent than the current stable version. Therefore if you run into any bugs/issues that need fixing you are better off addressing such issues in the more recent version of the product.

Either way, I would simply create a separate wordpress site that you can test out new/beta versions of Marketpress and also any future plugin changes or customizations you may want try out.

• aecnu

Greetings nolan_ether and hpidriver,

@hpidriver You are spot on with the way this works with the upcoming production releases that are still in Beta or RC.

@nolan_ether From my experience with WPMU DEV as a member it is usually best if using a version with an issue and WPMU DEV developers have out a Beta or RC to step up to the newer version and work it over on that level.

Of course I make a backup of both the site and most importantly the database in case the latest and greatest has an immediate issue I cannot live with or wait to be worked out - then I can restore the previous version in this extremely rare event.

This is not a Beta so to speak of the entire project i.e. like brand new, but from what I can tell a release of version 2.7 with a bunch of fixes and new features and it is those new items that are in Beta while older items are fixed.

In addition, hpidriver indeed gave great advice and input that when in doubt - I would simply create a separate wordpress site that you can test out new/beta versions of Marketpress and also any future plugin changes or customizations you may want try out.

Thank you both for your feedback and input and I assure you it is appreciated with seeing the different perspectives helping make one wiser.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings nolan_ether,

Thank you for the great question regarding the release and as funny as this may sound it is when the lead developer feels it is ready for prime time which is the point of the beta.

With the infinite amount of configuration possibilities with plugins, themes, and including hosting it is impossible to predict every outcome ahead of time.

But the Beta releases do allow the lead developer(s) the opportunity to get it out there in the wild and into those configurations to see what is happening or possibly not happening.

Therefore there is no specific date given for the formal release which is when it comes out of Beta but you can see the beta is now up to beta 6 with Arnold's work on adding a UPS gateway.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.