Choose roles per blog on signup

Need to choose roles per blog on signup. Or can someone please fix this thing ? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpmu-default-user-role/screenshots/ one ridiculous 'add' button has been broken for a year.

Actually I also need this for user types, so when AB users sign up they get certain roles per blog and when CD users sign up they get different roles per blog.

• Annabelle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I gave up on Membership bc setting it up to add and manage the tables from network admin is too complicated and iffy. With membership, roles may be created per blog and per plan but it doesn't communicate these to the network.

I realize I'm specifically looking for a sort of "global roles" so that when "teachers" sign up to the network ( & buddypress) they are "authors" on blog 1, "editors" on blog 2 (and those are obviously edited respectfully). When "students" sign up they are " subscribers" on blog 1 and "authors" on blog 2. Most role scoping still requires attributing per user even if it's possible on different sites. I want to attribute a network role ( type, group , whatever the proper term) and that corresponds to the different given roles per blog. Of all the related 500+ plugins , I expect it's possible somehow.

Alternatively , maybe I can create custom user meta and scope based on that meta. Or maybe there is a way to assign different roles to different blogs based on BP group.

Still hunting..

• Annabelle
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Multi user management plugin covers the defaults (however not for private blogs) .

The three steps involved to make this possible are scoping, assigning at sign up , and attributing different roles across multiple blogs. The latter seems not to be found anywhere.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Then I'm afraid it looks like you might need to get something custom done to handle that if Membership is to complex for this.

I'll move this over to the feature request forums though, perhaps its something many more want. If so then it might also be something we consider for future development.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.