choosing supporter option on signup

I have a supporter subscription setup with "Show Option On Signup" checked off.

I'm noticing that the option to choose Supporter option is only displayed if I am already logged in as a pre-existing user. If I attempt a signup with my browser cache cleared, the supporter option is not displayed whatsoever.

Additionally, if I DO choose the supporter option (when logged in), why does it not send me to Paypal to fill out my subscription?

Live site can be seen at http://www.churchwiz.com

Thanks

• Mason

Hiya!

I just took a look at your site and did a test sign up. I'm "wpmudevtest", by the way. ;D

the supporter option is not displayed whatsoever.

Hmm, that is odd. In my test sign up I was presented with the option of becoming a supporter or not on the second page.

Once I finished the second page of signup, I got a PHP error and I haven't yet received a signup notification email. Here's a copy of the error - seems to be coming from your formbuilder plugin.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare formbuilder_admin_menu() (previously declared in /home/psmith/public_html/wp-content/plugins/formbuilder/formbuilder.php:172) in /home/psmith/public_html/wp-content/plugins/formbuilder/formbuilder.php on line 184

If we can get this fixed up, I'll be glad to help ya see what's going on with the paypal signup. Thanks!

• torchmedia

Thanks for the heads up on formbuilder. Not sure what happened there so I've deactivated it.

Also, feeling super embarrassed here - I didn't realize that the supporter option was on the second page when you are not logged in. (It shows up on the first page when you are logged in!)

So I do have the one remaining question re: paypal. I am just wondering why it doesn't send people to paypal upon signing up to begin a subscription. Do I need to remove the free trial days?

• Mason

Hiya,

didn't realize that the supporter option was on the second page when you are not logged in

No worries. We've all been there at one point! The reason is that the first page of registration creates the user name. The second page creates the blog/site. As a logged in user, you don't need the first page.

I am just wondering why it doesn't send people to paypal upon signing up to begin a subscription.

Good question. At the moment we can't attach a payment to a particular blog/site until the site has been created. Users are presented with the paypal options upon first login. There's also used to be a supporter add-on that disabled all admin menus until a user became a supporter (or if they let their subscription expire) but I can't find the link at the moment. Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.