Clarification on Integrating Appointments+ with Marketpress

I have read https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-integrate-appointments-marketpress, countless times now. I need to clear up my understanding of how to make appointments work with marketpress.

I did select "Integrate with MarketPress" in Appointments+ Settings.
I am a health practitioner and I created Services and myself as Service Provider within Appointments. I created a description page for my Services.

But, then I am confused as to what to do next.

I would like to have a list of my services that would jump to a product page that displays my service description, my service provider info, pricing info, and my available calendar. When the customer selects an appointment date, then they can add it to cart and pay for it.

I'm not sure of what steps I need to take within Marketpress - do I need to have a duplicate product created within Marketpress or do I put appointment shortcodes on the description page I created for the service, so maybe that becomes the product within Marketpress?? Then, the add to cart would magically appear??

Is there a detailed example that I could look at?

There also seem to be no shortcodes within Appointments+ that allow me to simply display a service provider along with just 1 type of service that is provided. I was trying to create a separate product page for each type of service, not list them all on one page.

I could really use some clarification on proper procedures.

Thank you,
Holly

• Rupok

Hi Holly, hope you had a wonderful day.

Go to "Dashboard > Appointments > Settings > Payments [Tab]" and check "Integrate with MarketPress" option. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

It will show appointments as a product in MarketPress Products page.

This should sort out your other queries too. If not, please let us know. We will be glad to explain further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Holly

I told you above that I already checked the "Integrate with Marketpress" option. There is not clear documentation on how the two work together.

I defined some services and myself as a service provider. I see the Make an Appointment page, if I test the page and click a day and time to make an appointment - nothing happens on that page. The user doesn't know if anything happens. I can see that there is a pending appointment in appointments. How do I set that appointment to be auto-confirmed and that the user will see that there appointment is confirmed and asked to checkout and pay - right when they choose an appointment?

Also, if I'm in the checkout page and click on a service displayed in the cart, it goes to a blank page. How do I set that to go to a description page?

• Rupok

Hi Holly, hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize that I missed the point that you have already checked "Integrate with MarketPress". Well, you are 50% done then.

I would like to have a list of my services that would jump to a product page that displays my service description, my service provider info, pricing info, and my available calendar. When the customer selects an appointment date, then they can add it to cart and pay for it.

Now you can create a page called "Services" and manually list all your services (you can do that dynamically with [app_services] shortcode, but that won't take you to your desired product page), and link them to, suppose, page 1, page 2 etc.

Now in Page 1, you can put the following shortcodes:

[app_schedule worker="1" service="2"]
    [app_confirmation]

This will show your desired availability calendar for Service ID 2 for Service Provider 1. You can also add Description, Provider Info, Pricing Info etc. before those shortcodes. Now when users select a data and time from the availability calendar, and clicks the confirmation button, this will automatically be added in the cart. So user can go to cart and pay for his selected date and time.

I defined some services and myself as a service provider. I see the Make an Appointment page, if I test the page and click a day and time to make an appointment - nothing happens on that page.

Can you please confirm which shortcode you are using?

if I'm in the checkout page and click on a service displayed in the cart, it goes to a blank page

I tried to regenerate this on my test site, but it shows me the page from where I made the appointment. So I assume, this is your site specific issue.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Holly,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I guess you have figured this part out, if not, I have created a /test-service page for a reference, as mentioned above.

I defined some services and myself as a service provider. I see the Make an Appointment page, if I test the page and click a day and time to make an appointment - nothing happens on that page.

MarktePress integration only works with /store/products/appointment/ page. If you meant that it doesn't get booked, appointments actually gets booked, but I could see there isn't any popup message regarding when you successfully make an appointment, hence making the user feel the booking as incomplete. Could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out any plugins causing a conflict. Please do try with a default WordPress theme, and see whether it makes a difference.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

if I'm in the checkout page and click on a service displayed in the cart, it goes to a blank page

I'm not able to follow this issue, is it in your cart page? I don't see any problem with I click the button in your mini cart. And I don't see any non-working link in your cart page. Please advise what I'm missing?

I hope this helps. Please let us know how that goes so that we could troubleshoot it further. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Holly

I am really confused now. The lack of clear documentation is very frustrating.

I need to clarify what I need to do to be using Marketpress successfully to check out a customer who made an appointment.

Please tell me if my understanding is correct and answer the questions below:
    '
    If I have a service defined in Appointments and want to use Marketpress to handle the payment, I am assuming I need to create a duplicate product in the Marketpress store that is a digital product. Then, it says any marketpress product needs to have an appointments shortcode on that page to be an appointments product. I'm assuming that would go in the product description area - but what appointment shortcode is inserted there?

Or, do I NOT need to create an additional marketpress store product for each service I have? It's not clear to me, whether I need to create appointment products individually along with the appointment services defined in appointments.

When I checked the Integrate with Marketpress in Appointments settings - it also created a Marketpress product appointments page - but that is a generic products page - it doesn't define any specific product within marketpress and marketpress asks that this "product" have a price or it is invalid when I go to save it. Is this the page that I need to use - a marketpress product page with the appointment shortcodes in order for marketpress to checkout and take payment for appointments?

Then, I want to create a general description page for a service type where I have a description of my service and then I want to add a calendar - that has the ability to move to next month for 3 months of time forward - and the ability to select the appointment date and time and then check out through marketpress. I have several problems here.

If I use [app_monthly_schedule] [app_pagination] [app_confirmation]

What extra settings do I need to get the ability to click through 3 months of calendars for the customer?
    What else do I need to get to the marketpress checkout cart? Or, does this page have to have marketpress shortcodes as well as appointment shortcodes?

Please help.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Holly,

Then, it says any marketpress product needs to have an appointments shortcode on that page to be an appointments product. I'm assuming that would go in the product description area - but what appointment shortcode is inserted there?

The same shortcodes that are used on "normal" appointment pages. So this is like ultimate set of shortcodes to use:

[app_services]
    [app_service_providers]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]

As you can see those shortcodes [app_services], [app_service_providers] will allow you to choose service and service provider - so there is no need to create separate products for each service/service provider as it can all be placed on one page.

But of course this is possible to create separate products for each of your services:

[app_monthly_schedule service="1"]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]

service="1" will display calendar for service with ID 1 (you will find it on list of your services). Take a look on Appointments+ -> Shortcodes page to see list of all shortcodes and possible arguments for those shortcodes.

When I checked the Integrate with Marketpress in Appointments settings - it also created a Marketpress product appointments page - but that is a generic products page - it doesn't define any specific product within marketpress and marketpress asks that this "product" have a price or it is invalid when I go to save it. Is this the page that I need to use - a marketpress product page with the appointment shortcodes in order for marketpress to checkout and take payment for appointments?

Yes, you can use this page. It will ask for the price for product because validations scripts are set that way, but this price will be not used. Price set for service will be used in cart, so in product you can put there anything.
    But actually any appointment page will add appointment to shopping cart (I've tested that on my lab site and from non product page appointment was also added to cart).
    When you use product pages and you have lots of services you want to split then you can use perks that are coming from MarketPress - like list of products, tags, categories.

If I use [app_monthly_schedule] [app_pagination] [app_confirmation]

What extra settings do I need to get the ability to click through 3 months of calendars for the customer?

You cannot limit going through only next 3 months with shortcodes. [app_pagination month="1"] will show pagination for next/prev month but it will not limit it. In Appointments+ you will need to set Appointments upper limit (days) to around 90 days - so booking will be possible only in next 90 days from current date.

What else do I need to get to the marketpress checkout cart? Or, does this page have to have marketpress shortcodes as well as appointment shortcodes?

I've checked your page "Wellness Consultation Quick Start" and there is no console errors that would prevent calendar from working, so I think that maybe shortcode [app_confirmation] is missing there? Could you open support access so I could check what is wrong there?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Holly

Hi Kasia,
    I realized I actually do have a question, before I can finish. Can I and how can I have discounts for getting multiple sessions? I wanted to have a discounted price is a customer orders say 2, 5 or 10 sessions. I thought at first that would be simple. I could create more services that would be called 2-Pack, 5-Pack, or 10-Pack. But, then the question came up, how would they schedule their appointments? I'm sure they could schedule the first date, but then there is no mechanism for setting more than one appointment without adding to the quantity and then paying more. Do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Holly,

I'm afraid there is no simple solution on that. Discounts will be handled by MarketPress and MarketPress doesn't have coupons for that (or automatic discount if you buy more that one item).
    You can set coupon for the particular products (your 2,5 - 10 sessions products) so they will get discount on only those products, but it will be applied even if they order one and not more appointments :disappointed: - so this will allow users to "cheat" a little bit :disappointed:

There is a bit complicated solution with using MyCred Credits plugin - here is how that looks https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/sell-three-packages-of-quantity-in-appoinments-via-marketpress-and-with-the-help-of-mycred - please note that this was not recently tested

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Holly

I thought of a way that might work. What if I made a service that was say a 5-Pack and it's price was the full price. They would buy it and schedule their first appointment at the same time. Then, I made a free service - 5-Pack Follow-up. I would tell the customer to use that selection to schedule the rest of their appointments. I can set the auto-confirm to "No". If an appointment was scheduled by someone who didn't have the 5-pack service - I would know and not confirm it. Does that sound like it would work? Am I missing something?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.