Classified Ads From Non Registered Users

Does a user have to be logged into the site in order to post a classified ad? I have added the shortcode to add a sale, but for a user not logged in the button set to "always" does not show up. I would like visitors to be able to create an ad and register at the exact same time. There is no capability options for visitors.

Ryan

• aecnu

Greetings Ryan,

Thank you for the questions.

Does a user have to be logged into the site in order to post a classified ad?

For the security of the site and site owner yes.

I have added the shortcode to add a sale, but for a user not logged in the button set to "always" does not show up.

You totally lost me on this, please clarify.

I would like visitors to be able to create an ad and register at the exact same time. There is no capability options for visitors.

This is not currently a function though I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

Yes they must be logged in or there is nothing to store their post with. If you are set for free, they must also have capabilities set for their role. If set for pay then they must also pay before they can post.

We require registration be before posting again because the registration has to be verified in the usual Wordpress manner before there can be a post. Other systems that tried to do them both often get caught in a deadlock with you not being verified yet but your email blocked so you can't try again.

• Ryan Baron

Thank you for the time and help. I understand the need to register for security. But if we could figure out out a solution to register/add a sale at the same time that would be great, right now it seems like it might be a little confusing for people to register, then confirm their email, then go back to the site to login and then add a sale. If the user could fill in their registration information, then fill in their classified add information, then publish/register at the same time that would be awesome. But again we have the security issue because then people are technically adding an ad without registering. Maybe possibly the classified ad could be held as pending until the person confirms their email address, then it becomes published...?

I have added the shortcode to add a sale, but for a user not logged in the button set to "always" does not show up.

For this I mean that I have added this shortcode,
    Add Classified Button: [cf_add_classified_btn text="Add Classified" view="always"] to a page, but it does not show up for an unregistered user, but i'm guessing that has to do with the fact that they cannot actually add a sale unless they are registered? But I thought that maybe it should still show up and take the un-registred user to a page where they could register and add a sale?

Ryan

• aecnu

Greetings Ryan,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.