Classified causing BBpress permalinks not to work anymore

I think its the same issue that technota has:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/classifieds-plugin-breaks-forums-wpbuddypressbbpressclassifieds

I have a mutlisite installation running buddypress and bbpress. In buddypress forum option off (so no conflict with bbpress) Working fine, but when Classifieds plugin activated the permalinks for the forum doesnt work no more. (page not found) Also created a custom menu (not success) re-activate bbpress and renewed custom menu (again no success). Permalinks set to day.

Note: when remaking a custom menu, the permalink for the forum changed into post slug with date and after remaking menu's changed to same permalink with date and number (number increases by remaking menu: website/2012/01/26/menu-1, menu-2, etc) When de-activate Classifieds, the permalinks for the forum changes back to normal state: website/forum/topic.

Also I havent change any settings in classifieds when activated.

Any suggestions?

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Phil,

I'm using the latest versions of all them. I always update.
    WP 3.3.1 Buddypress 1.5 and BBpress 2.02

Uhm I had setup the website a couple months ago with WP, Buddypress, and BBpress. I just installed the Classified.

Its strange you dont get the issue. Trying to think what else could be the problem. So I tried this: With all plugins active: I deactivate Classifieds, problem still exists (refresh page, F5 and Ctrl+F5) but when I go to Forum settings (not changing anything) press save. Then refresh page, problem solved.

Tried it on http://website/forumpage/forumslug/title
    where forumpage is the forums base and forumslug is the Forum Slug in my BBpress forum settings. If that make sense?

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Here is what troubles me:
    After my last post I didnt do anything and did exactly what you ask me to do:
    Just activated the Classifieds plugin. Visit my forum (forumpage) saw the index (page contains [bbp-forum-index]) clicked on the forum/post and problem is back again! "page not found"

Deactivate the Classifieds plugin, visit my forum/post and the problem is still there.
    Go to forums settings, click save, go to forum/post, problem gone! I can see my forum and post :smiley:

Please note: I have a multisite on and activating the Classifieds on the MAIN site (I did not Network Activate).

Just tried Network Activate option and it is causing the exact same problem.

• matrixd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, I have the same problem with the latest version of classifieds.

My installation:
    WP Multisite 3.4.2
    Buddypress 1.6.1 (3000 members)
    BBpress 2.1.2 (400k posts)
    Classifieds 2.3.0.6

My problem is occasionally:

1. when I activate Classifieds on Multisite the permalinks on BBpress dont work (page dont found) I save permalinks and everything works in about half an hour then again permalinks on BBpress dont work (page dont found).

2. when I activate Classifieds on single site the permalinks on BBpress work in about 3-4 hours then again permalinks on BBpress dont work (page dont found) so I have to save again the permalinks and work for 3-4 hours...

On both cases none submit a classified.
    Also I havent change any settings in classifieds when activated.

Deactivating the Classifieds plugins an permalinks work perfect.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Lucky I saw this on a 10 month old thread. We don't monitor such old threads generally.

As everything will have changed 10 months ago and not confuse the issue you have with that which others had here you would need to open a new thread. we can then if needed have that thread reviewed by a developer.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.