Classified doesn't work with my theme, what can I do?

Hi, I´m using DMS2 as theme. Classified doesn't work and I dont want to change my theme? Is there a way around?

Regards
Magnus

• Michelle Shull

Hi Magnus!

There are a few things we can try, depending on the issue you're having. Can you tell me what's happening when you try to use Classifieds with the DMS2 theme?

I've got a couple things to check, first off, with your theme and Classifieds active, go to a Classifieds page in Chrome and right click anywhere on the site. Choose "inspect element" and a console window will open. At the very bottom, there will be a window that lists any javascript errors your site encountered while it was loading.

Other issues that may cause a conflict are if the theme doesn't follow typical WordPress protocols for how to handle posts. If the theme changes the way posts are displayed, this could interfere with Classifieds pages, because they rely on certain WP standards to display properly.

Another possibility, if your theme uses a page builder tool that lets you do drag-n-drop design, there's a chance it's interfering, as well. That's an easy test, though, you should be able to disable only the page builder while the theme itself is still active to run a quick test.

Hope this helps, Magnus!

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Magnus,

Hope you're doing well today!

This definitely looks like a theme/page builder conflict. Would you mind sending in your FTP and WP login? That way we can grab a copy of the theme off you and try it out on our own install :slight_smile: perhaps we can come up with a workaround for you here so you can use it with Classifieds.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.