Classifieds: Classified layout and links

I don't think I understood this plug in when I downloaded it. Bare with me here.

Is this not a front end thing???
Seems like I can only create an ad if I am a user on the site and from the backend. Is that right or wrong?

What I am looking for is the ability to have a real classified site like any newspaper site. Someone comes to the site and wants to place an ad, they click place ad, fill out the form, submit payment and it's done.

Also, the front page of what I see is just terrible.
seymourherald.com/classifieds. Isn't there a simple category style layout?

Not complaining here so don't beat me up. Just need to understand if I got the right plug in for the job or not.

Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Joe

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

Sorry if you misunderstood the Plugin details. I believe the Plugin in it's current state is not meant to be used on the front end of a site.

With regards to the design. It basically takes the design of your theme and in some cases it doesn't work very well together. So a bit of customization will be necessary.

Please see this thread that might help you, or it will point you in the right direction:

Classifieds listings cut off on the side in the middle of the content area

I noticed that you also have another thread open related to Classifieds, so you are aware that there will be a new version coming soon.

I wish you all the best in setting up your new site. Please don't hesitate to be in contact should you need any further assistance.

Have a good day!

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings Joe,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• JOE KARL

I opted to uninstall this plug in and use another one as I needed something on the front end of our site. If this changes in the future I would go back to this one. My site is seymourherald.com. If you review it you will see the current system I am using which gives us what we need. If I am missing something on this plug in which makes it work like the one I am using please let me know as I do feel more comfortable using the plug ins you guys develop.

Thanks.

• Justin Graham

I am looking for a similar solution.

WPMU membership
    WPMU classifieds

After some feedback from WPMU support - they can not provide a solution for my website out of the box.

SO I have used cozmoslabs - profile builder to handle the membership login etc.
    I was halfway though setting up wpmu classified plugin - trying to customise multiple content types and payment levels when I came across this post.

I checked out - http://awpcp.com/features/
    • Allow for image posting limits higher than free ads
    • Allows for limiting image posting (by image size, height, width and total count if desired)
    • Multiple fee scales for posting ads (allows you to have longer ad postings with higher fees)
    • Variable ad expiration lengths connected to fee scale (e.g. allow ads to run for 30 days for $10, 60 days for $15, etc)
    • Extra Fields (allows you to add any custom fields for display. For example, if you have a pet-related board, you might have “Sex”, “Breed”, and “Dam/Sire” as additional fields you require for display)

These are all great features which would be great in the WPMU plugin...

I will investigate the installation of awpcp

However given that this post was open in FEB 2013 and WPMU has not provided any additional wish-list updates to their classified plugin - I would not hold your breath.

Seems a shame to be paying for a WPMU subscription and not use their plugins.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.