Classified plugin issue custom fields & error.

Under http://irishartist.info/members/username/classifieds/create-new/ , the cost and duration fields are not showing up when trying to create a new add , I am also receiving this in the <title> classifieds
<b>Warning</b>: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in <b>/home/content/54/8462954/html/irishartist/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template.php</b> on line <b>3113</b>
My Classifieds | classifieds | Member name | Irish Artist Info , please advise & SUPPORT ACCESS has been granted ...

• Rupok

Hi John,

Thanks for asking. I just tried to regenerate this issue on my test site and I could regenerate this. So I'm confirming this as a bug and reporting to our developer right now. I believe, he will come up with a solution soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

And regarding the error in the title, I could not regenerate this on my test site. So I think this is your site specific issue. Can you please confirm you don't have debug display enabled? To find out, please login to your site with any FTP application like Filezilla and go to the root directory of your site. There you will get "wp-config.php" file. Open that file and search for this line:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
    If you find this line, please replace that with the following:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

If this doesn't resolve this issue, can you please activate any default WordPress theme and check if the issue is still there? If not, then this is your theme specific issue. In that case, can you please contact the theme developer? As he developed this theme, he can give you best idea regarding this. For your information, this error has nothing to do with Classifieds plugin and that warning is being generated fro BuddyPress. But that warning should not be shown in the title area, this is really weird.

Please let us know what they say about this. If there is anything we can do from our end, we will be glad to do that. But if you see the same issue even with any default WordPress theme, then please confirm. We will be glad to investigate further and will try to find the reason and fix this for good.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi John,

Thanks for confirming that it doesn't happen on any other pages. Surprising thing is I could not regenerate that error in my test site, even though both BuddyPress and Classifieds are installed and activated here. If this was being generated by Classifieds plugin, then I think it would happen on every instance. Can you please confirm if you see the same error in any default WordPress theme? That will give us valuable insight regarding the issue.

Please let us know what theme developer says about this. If there is anything from our end, we will be glad to work on that and will try to fix that as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• John

So I've managed to remove the error from the title, it was giving an error from bp-core-template.php around line 3113

`if (! empty( $bp->members->nav ) ) {
    $primary_nav_item = $bp->members->nav->get_primary( array( 'slug' => $component_id ), false );
    $primary_nav_item = reset( $primary_nav_item );
    }`

commented out :

if (!  empty( $bp->members->nav ) ) {
    			$primary_nav_item = $bp->members->nav->get_primary( array( 'slug' => $component_id ), false );
    			//$primary_nav_item = reset( $primary_nav_item );
    		}

and refreshed and the title warning is now gone without any adverse issues , a bit dirty I know, but all seems ok for now.

Any update on why the custom fields are not displaying on create new ad in buddypress member profiles ?

• Nithin

Hey John,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your workaround, the issues are related to these templates, so renaming the files as mentioned above will disable these templates, and hence they started to show in your theme. These templates are used as an UI for BuddyPress, so renaming might not work for every theme, glad to know it worked for you.

I could see a bug report has already been created, and the developers are already working on it. At the moment, I don't have an exact ETA on when the patch for this will be released. Will definitely keep you updated once we have a fix ready. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.