Classified - remove cost and featured image

Hi,

Can I get rid of "cost" field or it will harm something?
If it is ok, is the right way to do it is by deleting it in CustomPress - Custom Fields?

I would also like to remove featured image option. How can I do that (both from add new classified page and from single classified page)? Should I do it with css?

I also don't want to display expiration date and duration in classifies single page. (I want the expiration date to work, means the classified won't be displayed after expiration date. I only don't want do display it in front site, to visitors). What is the best way to do it?

Naomi

• aecnu

Greetings Naomi,

Thank you for the great questions.

Can I get rid of "cost" field or it will harm something?
    If it is ok, is the right way to do it is by deleting it in CustomPress - Custom Fields?

Correct.

I would also like to remove featured image option. How can I do that (both from add new classified page and from single classified page)? Should I do it with css?

Though custom coding is beyond the scope of the support we provide here we do try to help if we can.

With that said - if you can, yes using css is a way to remove/hide the option without hurting the functionality of the remainder of the plugin.

I also don't want to display expiration date and duration in classifies single page. (I want the expiration date to work, means the classified won't be displayed after expiration date. I only don't want do display it in front site, to visitors). What is the best way to do it?

By modifying the applicable files in the \classifieds\ui-front\general folder and in some cases it is necessary to copy the modified file to the currently used theme folder to get the desired effect.

The expiration date would also be expressed in the buddypress.php file in the core folder if using Buddy Press.

Duration is also a custom field.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.