Classified Setting Reverts Back to SandBox from Live when Saving

I selected Live but the "PayPal API Calls URL" fields on the PayPal Express Tab under the Payment Setting in the "Wordpress Classifieds" plugin reverts to Sandbox when I click save.
I entered in all required information. What would cause this and how can I resolve it? Thanks.

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

DavidM,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked this morning and the plugin also appeared to have brought down a subdomain of my website. I got the following error when trying to go the the homepage:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 379084 bytes) in /home/subdomainname/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1028.

Everything worked fine after I removed the Classified plugin.

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok ... I removed the Classifieds folder from the wp content plugin directory, but the "Checkout", "Classifieds" and "My Classifieds" links still show up on sub-blogs created by users of my site. How do I get these link to disappear? I do not recall if the plugin asked me to move a specific php file to a specific folder after I activated it. Thanks.

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

I have this too, the live reverts back to sandbox once I click save.

SciAnswers have you tried trashing those pages; Checkout, Classifieds and My Classifieds. They are created when the classifieds plugin is activated, and remain when it is deactivated. Just go to pages and trash the ones you no longer need.

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, I trashed those pages from the main site; however, they still show on the many blogs that users have registered on the site. They no longer show up on the main site. How do I remove them from the user blogs on the site?

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok ... I don't have to use the Classifieds plugin since it cannot leave the sandbox mode and no one appears to have a solution to keep it from reverting back to sandbox after selecting live and saving settings. Is there a simple way to remove the "Classifieds" and "Checkout" links created on the many blogs on my site that the plugin apparently created when activated? This topic has been open for almost two weeks and I would like to either resolve the issue by getting the plugin to work properly or by removing remnants (i.e., the classifieds and checkout links/empty pages on the numerous blogs) of the plugin from the site. Thanks.

• Ivan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Lindsey,

I apologize for the delay of my response.

Although the plugin shows only "Sandbox" in the field it properly records your selection into the DB. Only the presentation layer is broken ( this isn't affecting the functionality of the plugin ).

If you want to fix the presentation layer you can do the following:

Open "classifieds/ui-admin/payments-paypal.php" and change Line 18 and 19

if ( $options['api_url'] == 'Sandbox' ) to ( lowercase "S" )
    if ( $options['api_url'] == 'sandbox' ) and
    if ( $options['api_url'] == 'Live' ) to ( lowercase "L" )
    if ( $options['api_url'] == 'live' )

This will fix it for you.

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ivan,

Changing the S and L in sandbox and live to lower case letters as specified above does indeed change the presentation layer, i.e., "live" is displayed in the settings when saved. However, clicking the "Checkout" link on any blog that contains it still gives the following error: This feature is currently disabled by the system administrator.
    So it appears that the plugin displays "live" in the settings but the checkout feature is disabled.

Can you provide a resolution for this issue? Thanks.

• Lindsey
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok ... the plugin is now working. Never-the-less, I deactivated it because it breaks the dropdown features of my buddypress menu. I recall someone pointing out the dropdown menu issue associated with the Classifieds plugin a previous thread. When will that issue be resolved?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.