Classifieds Ads that never expire

Hi there,

is there a way to give classifieds the option to never let an ad expire? I think I have asked about that before but never made a feature request, so here it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Please, it would be VERY useful :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @toni

I hope you had a great weekend!

Unfortunately, there must be a duration set. However, you can set it to a ridiculously long one if you like.

Simply edit the Durations field in CustomPress (included with the Classifieds plugin) by adding another option, say 52 weeks (it must be a multiple of weeks).

That way at least, the user’s ad will run for a full year, and they can simply click the “Renew Ad” button on their “My Classifieds” screen when the year is up.

I have also alerted the developer to this feature request. :slight_smile:

• Toni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks Patrick :slight_smile:, that sounds like a good work-around for now. Could you think of a way to remove the current options entirely (1-4 weeks) and set a ridic long one like 520 weeks and have it forced on the user once they add a new ad and not show up as 520 weeks but something else or better not show at all?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there Toni

This looks like something easy to do, maybe a 2 hour side project. I am marking it as a feature request but if what Patrick originally posted is implemented then I don’t see much value in this one.

You can take a look at our Jobs Board if its something that you urgently need done :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jude

• Toni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes Jude almost there :slight_smile:, I just need to figure out how to rename the ridic long 52o0 Weeks into something the user will not find too weird :stuck_out_tongue: any idea how I can do this? I can see that I can get rid of all the options (1-4 weeks) in “Edit Custom Field” but as Patrick pointed out some input must be in there…

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @toni,

I hope you are well today.

Actually, beside weeks, you can use other units like months, years. So instead of 52 weeks, you can make it 1 year :slight_smile:

For removing other options, please go to WP Admin->CustomPress->Content Type->Custom Fields tab. From here you can see the Duration field, just click on edit and you will see another screen for updating the options :slight_smile:

If you have any issues please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,

Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.