Classifieds: automate giving credits by member class?

I'd like to make it so that my Premium members get a batch of bonus credits to use with Classifieds. I understand I could gift these credits manually for each Premium member, but that solution just doesn't scale.

Is there a way to automate it, so that when someone identified as a certain member type gets X free credits?

(I use S2Membership for my member level classes. I obviously do not expect WPMU to support the plugin, but I'm just wondering if Classifieds can recognize member classes.)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings offbeatempire,

Thank you for the great question.

You are absolutely correct that it can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all.

Though I personally do not know if Classifieds will recognize your member classes of your S2 membership plugin, in an effort to help I will see if I can get the lead developer of Classifieds plugin in here to offer us advice/advise us of this question and your possible integration with S2.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will see about getting the lead developer in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

What you would need to do is update the user meta data for those users you want to have more credits.
    $credits = get_user_meta($user_id, 'cf_credits', true);
    $credits = $credits + 10;
    update_user_meta($user_id, 'cf_credits', $credits);

put it in a loop and feed it the user_ids. S2 has it's own programming for picking out the various user levels which they document quite well.

http://www.s2member.com/codex/

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings offbeatempire,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.