Classifieds automatically drafting published adds

We've recently noticed that the classifieds plugin seems to be automatically drafting adds after they've been published. The adds aren't being published with an expiration and some adds aren't being affected. The adds that are affected are being drafted within a day of being published. Has anybody noticed the same problem or have any suggestions?
I've disabled all other plugins and I'm using the twenty eleven theme with version 2.2.2.4 of the plugin.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nathan,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

You mentioned that it takes the ad and makes a draft from a published ad, does this mean that it is also no longer showing on the front end?

I am thinking also the fact they have no expiration and probably cron'ed on a day by day basis and therefore the plugin thinks they are indeed drafts.

Could you please try to confirm this theory?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,
    The drafted adds aren't showing in the front end.

I checked the cron list, it looks like 'wpmudev_scheduled_jobs' is set to fire early tomorrow morning. I've created 2 new adds to test: one with an expiry date and one without. I'll check first thing in the morning to see if the add without the expiration is drafted and update with the results.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nathan,

Aha! So it is indeed the expiration date.

Thank you for letting us know of the results of the test and for indeed the test itself.

This should enlighten other members if they are indeed having this issue and what the resolution is - an expiration date of some kind.

On those without an expiration date perhaps you want to set them for 10 years into the future?

Please advise because I want to make sure you are squared away before I mark this ticket as resolved.

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin

Hi Joe, this is Shelley from OnCouRSS, I want to fix this problem for our client but there is no expiration date field on any of the ads and I don't see anything in the settings - I must be missing something. Can you point me in the right direction?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shelley,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I am thoroughly embarrassed because I cannot figure out myself how to modify expiration dates in the dashboard for ads already placed or added manually.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer @Arnold in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin

I updated php and retried the beta but it was still crashing. I checked the error log and found the file and line that was causing the problem . Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the file or line that was causing the problem and I can't replicate that problem.

Once the classifieds beta was installed I noticed that the categories aren't available any more. We're using the list of categories as the first step that the user goes through to get to the classifieds so I wasn't able to leave the beta version enabled to test. Does the beta not use categories or do I need to enable categories somehow or am I just missing something?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Which Categories? There is a custom taxonomy classifieds_categories which is where they should be defined. You go to CustomPress | Content Types | Taxonomy tab and you see the taxonomies.

If you go to Classifieds there should be a Classifieds Categories menu choice which is where you enter them.

Note these are separate from the classical Wordpress Post Categories and Tags. They are specific to Classifieds.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shelley,

Your back! Happy to see you folks made it back and thank you for marking this ticket as not resolved bringing it once again into the light.

The lead developer Arnold is still awaiting an answer if you folks had indeed network activated the plugin at anytime. Here is his complete post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/classifieds-automatically-drafting-published-adds#post-293897

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Shelley,

What I understand Arnold is trying to point out is that in the past if it were indeed network activated and the custom post type were created there in the network activated section so to speak, that you will not be able to use the same custom post type when using site by site activation.

Therefore if I understand him correctly, I would personally network activate the plugin and while still in the network admin section check to see if there is indeed a duplicate custom post type and if so I would delete it from the network activated settings.

Then I would deactivate the network activation and see what the results are with the site by site activations.

Because I have never personally faced this issue in the past and do not know the outcome, please be sure to make a full backup of the site and database before proceeding with the deletion just in case.

Actually the database is the most important here and if you folks do not already have a way to easily backup your database I recommend using the Snapshot plugin.

Please let me know how it goes and we may want to wait to see what @Arnold has to say about what I have suggested and my interpretation of what he was telling.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

@oncourssadmin

Hi, I found the login to your site and checked it out. Part of the problem is that you have multiple copies of Classifeds installed as well as standalone copies of CustomPress which is included in Classifieds. We can get them all working together but I want to put matching versions on it.

Before I touch anything, are you using the standalone CustomPress on any site or is it redundant?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oncourssadmin,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.