Classifieds Category Translation with WPML

Hello,

I need to translate classifieds’ category with WPML, but couldn’t find how. Using the wpml taxonomy, classifieds categories are not appeared. Could you explain how if it is possible?

Best,

Austin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Austin, hope you had a wonderful day.

I’m afraid, WPML is a third party paid plugin and I don’t have any access to it, so I can’t test. Can you please upload a copy of WPML in any popular file sharing site like Dropbox, Google Drive etc. and send me message with download link through our secure contact form here (https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/) so I can test this issue and try to find a possible workaround?

Subject: “Attn: Rupok”

– WPML Download Link

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs

Select “I have a different question” for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Moreover, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I’m looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Austin,

In "Translation options" page in WPML there will be box for Custom Post and Custom taxonomies. You will find there Classifieds posts and taxonomies. You have to change there option to "Translate" from "Do nothing". Only then those taxonomies will show in Taxonomy translation.

This page is avaliable under this url /wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Ftranslation-options.php – however I'm not able to access this page on your site, but I'm using WPML plugin you send us on my test site and this page is there.

So this is bug that causes that WPML translation options are not working on your site or conflict of some kind.

Because WPML is paid plugin please contact them with question why Translation Option is not working on your site.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.