Classifieds contact user form doesnt work

Hi

I have a site where people can place classified ads.

The plugin works perfectly but when you want to contact that user who placed the ad, nothing happens. You click on the contact user button (underneath the ad) and it refers to # instead of the contact user form.

You could create an account here to see the issue: http://expatjourney.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

And here are all the ads: http://expatjourney.com/classifieds/ Try to click on a ad and contact a user. There you'll see that the contact button doesn't work.

Hope someone could help me out.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Angel,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

Sorry by developer instance, I wondered if you had a replica of the site I could test on without effecting the live site.

In this case, could you send me FTP to take a closer look at this, I should be able to download the plugins and reproduce the site to test without effecting your live site :slight_smile:

Please send to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Have you modified the templates? Your page is generating this form:

<form id="action-form" class="contact-user-btn action-form" action="#" method="post">
      <div class="undefined button submit">Contact User</div>
    </form>

The code in the plugin generates this:

<form id="action-form" class="contact-user-btn action-form" action="#" method="post">
    	<input type="submit" onclick="classifieds.toggle_contact_form(); return false;" value="Contact User" name="contact_user">
    </form>

Note that the < input > tag has been replaced by a < div >, and the onclick event has been removed preventing it from functioning because there is no submit button.

It may be your theme is trying to do something fancy with inputs but it's just messing up the form.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

This would be on the single-classifieds.php template. If the code at around line 110 of that file looks like

<form method="post" action="#" class="contact-user-btn action-form" id="action-form">
    	<input type="submit" name="contact_user" value="<?php _e('Contact User', $this->text_domain ); ?>" onclick="classifieds.toggle_contact_form(); return false;" />
    </form>
    <div class="clear"></div>

Then the template isn't modified. But the theme or some plugin is stomping on the code. Nothing I can do if the properly generated code is destroyed by other code.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.