Classifieds credits & saving ads

Hello,

I have been receiving messages from users that they are either not receiving their credits at all--despite the fact that I can verify their purchase--or they are are receiving 20,000 or more credits. I just tested it out on a dummy buddypress account on my site, only to find that when I went to create an ad, the credits my dummy account had suddenly increased from 10 to 22,620!

The other problem users are running into is that when they go to save their ads, it says that it has saved, but then the ad is not accessible via the saved classifieds tab. These ads are not appearing on the admin side as saved or private drafts either. (Again I tested this with the dummy account and was able to replicate this behavior.)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Amy

PS is there any way to adjust the number of credits a user has? I have several users now with more credits than they could ever use!

• PC

Hey Amy,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

That is a strange issue. I have not seen it happening before.

Did this recently started happening ? Or you have just installed Classifieds ?

Please advise so that we can try and narrow it down to a plugin conflict.

PS is there any way to adjust the number of credits a user has? I have several users now with more credits than they could ever use!

That should be possible from the database. let me see if I can find where to edit that.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hey Amy,

Thanks for posting back.

I've been using the Classifieds plugin for the last few months, and this problem started in the last couple of weeks.

Is that when you updated your BuddyPress from previous version to the latest version ?

Let me see if I can get some info from our lead developer on the same. However before I call him, can you please test for a plugin conflict by testing it as below

Disable all other plugins apart from Classifieds and BuddyPress and try to create a new user and see how many credits he got.

Also check the value of signup credits of its set to the right value and by mistake it does not have 20000 as a value.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• AmyJoy

Hi PC,

I'm not sure if the credit error coincided with the Buddypress upgrade; however, I don't have it set up for users to receive any credits when they signup. I double-checked it and it is still listed as 0 signup credits. I haven't had anyone say that they've received any on sign up either; it's just when they purchase credits that they hit the 20,000 credit jackpot.

Thanks again for your help.

Amy Joy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.