Classifieds - custom press changes

First of is classifieds like the directory plugin where it cannot be separated from buddypress if active?

In the add listing page, how can I changed the order of the fields? For example I would like to move categories to the very top and status to the very bottom. Looking at the "custom fields" tab I only see options for duration and price.

Is it possible to replace the wysiwyg editor into something simpler with an option to add images. The current one is too extensive and not responsive. Set featured image works well on mobile, if I could duplicate then there would no need for the add media.

Is it possible to change categories into a dropdown?

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @rocky

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

First of is classifieds like the directory plugin where it cannot be separated from buddypress if active?

Unfortunately yes that would be correct, if classifieds and buddypress are both activated on the same site, they can't be separated.

In the add listing page, how can I changed the order of the fields? For example I would like to move categories to the very top and status to the very bottom. Looking at the "custom fields" tab I only see options for duration and price.

Out of the box the only possible way would be to edit the code directly or possibly try with CSS, we'd be happy to help assist if this is what you'd like to do :slight_smile:

Is it possible to replace the wysiwyg editor into something simpler with an option to add images. The current one is too extensive and not responsive. Set featured image works well on mobile, if I could duplicate then there would no need for the add media.

Out of the box, Classifieds uses WordPress default wysiwyg editor, this is the TinyMCE editor. Unfortunately there isn't currently a responsive replacement and the other plugins add buttons which would make it more confusing.

One possibility is to edit the default one by removing buttons, again we'd be happy to help point you in the right direction and assist, there's a brief overview here http://codex.wordpress.org/TinyMCE

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.