Classifieds & Directory

I have installed Classifieds and Directory on my site but when i go to configure it comes up saying i am not allowed to access the page

• Rupok

Hi Jason Williscroft,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I've installed both Classifieds and Directory plugin on my test site and I can access the config page without any issue. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know the result of your plugin conflict test. If you don't get any plugin conflicting after a plugin conflict test, we will be glad to investigate further and will try to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jason Williscroft

Thanks Rupok, i've done a plugins conflict test and it still won't let me access the configure page. I use to have Geo Directory & ACWP Classifieds on but i deactivated them and deleted them both before i put on your Classifieds & Directory - can there be old files/pages conflicting the new plugins? Could it be a Cache issue - should i clear the cache? Sorry, i am building this network site and its the first for me so a steep learning curve!

• Nithin

Hi Jason Williscroft,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, but it seems like you have un-installed the Directory plugin? So, I wasn't able to give a closer look.

I did test this in my system by installing both the plugins, but I'm not able to replicate any such instance, in my system. If you are looking to troubleshoot this further, please do install the Directory plugin, so that we could give a closer look.

Please do let know once you have installed, and will make sure to get back to you asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Jason,

I'm checking your site and it looks like plugins didn't install correctly there. If you take a look at plugin CustomPress in Content Types it shows nothing. There should be a types there that Directory and Classfieds are using.
    That could mean that conflict is when plugins are activated and installation fails.

Can you remove plugins (deactivate and delete) and then with no other plugins installed try installing them again?

if that will not help please enable debug mode in WordPress and again delete and install again both plugins. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a dropbox and paste link here to file

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jason Williscroft

Hi Kasia

Thank you so much for your help

I did as you said and then looked at the Debug file - although i couldn't understand it completely i could see a fatal error was being caused by the Go Pricing Tables Plugin. I deactivated and deleted that, reinstalled the Classifieds and Directory plugins and they have now installed without a problem.

Thank you again - the debug file facility will help in the future as well!

Jason

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.