Classifieds Directory and Custom Press

I initially had custom press, directory, and classifieds installed. Then I went from local host on wamp to a hostgator server. I deactivated all of my plugins to start fresh but when I went to activate classifieds and directory I read that I should deactivate custom press. I did this and even deleted custom press and still no luck with classifieds and directory. Currently I have prosites activated only. Please help

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Welcome to our Community @crem!

Not to worry about CustomPress being there. It is now part of both the Directory and Classifieds plugin, so when either is activated you will see CustomPress on the menu. If you go to WP Admin Dashboard » CustomPress » Content Types you will see the post type for both classifieds and directory_listing.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Have fun working with these plugins and let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Gina

• crem
    • Flash Drive

Ok I think I get it but when I go to custom press even with directory and classifieds activated I do see content type but how do I get them to display on a separate page and customize the pages (listing Display and forms etc) to display how I want. Am I supposed to be using taxonimies or something......:slight_frown:?

• crem
    • Flash Drive

Also when I go to content type there was nothing there... do I create them under Post type, taxonimies and custom fields? if so I already did that now do I create the pages or post with the embeded codes provided? Also what exactly is a taxonomy and do I need to use it?

Also I dont want directory and classifieds to be post exactly I want it to be like yelp or craigslist etc. Do I need to create separate pages for all of this? Arrgh I am so new to this.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @Crem

No worries if you're new to all of this. We were all there at some point.

What I would recommend you do first of all, after installing both the Directory and Classifieds plugin is to go through the settings of each and make sure that it is all set up properly. Then have a read through each of the Usage pages:

Classifieds Usage
    Directory Usage

Once you've done this, please let me know if you have more questions. It's a learning curve, so I am available for any questions that you might have.

Have fun over a cup of coffee :slight_smile:

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.