Classifieds Feature image questions

Classifieds / General Settings / Form Fields section

Image field – what supposed to happen if "not required" is checked?

Media manager If "enable full media manager for feature image uploads" - is checked - when clicks on feature image link (on add/edit classified page), subscriber get message that he doesn't have permissions to upload files.
Even though I think simple upload is much better for end user, and it's really great this option exist, still curious about this option... Why is this permissions message being displayed?

• aecnu

Greetings nl2,

Thank you for the great questions.

Image field – what supposed to happen if "not required" is checked?

The classified ad creator is then not requires to add an image to the classified posting.

subscriber get message that he doesn't have permissions to upload files

This issue is probably because you have not granted the permissions to upload files for the default user role.

Permissions are granted in the admin dashboard by going to --> Classifieds --> Settings --> Capabilities Tab then there is a drop down menu for each role in your WordPress installation.

For each role you will want to permission as applicable with the options you desire.

Please advise if that does the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

• nl2

Thank you aecnu!

Regarding permissions – no further questions… Your reply is exactly what I had needed. It works perfect...

Regarding "not required" - I still don't see any difference between checked or unchecked.
    If "not required" is unchecked – is that mean this is a required field and you can't save classified without it?
    There is no error message says image is required …

With your permission - more 2 questions regarding size:
    Where do you set classified feature image size?
    Is it possible to click classified feature image on single classified page and get larger image?

• aecnu

Greetings nl2,

Happy that we are working through these items and with that said:

Regarding "not required" - I still don't see any difference between checked or unchecked. If "not required" is unchecked – is that mean this is a required field and you can't save classified without it?

You are spot on with the intended use of that option.

If they do not supply an image then they get the image that is set in Use default image (URL): --> admin dashboard --> Classifieds --> Settings --> General as demonstrated on my test production server http://classifieds.aecnuwpmu.us/classified/testing-classified-as-a-front-end-user-03-11-2013/#

Where do you set classified feature image size?

This one you are going to have to play with a bit to see what the optimal size is for your specific theme.

Is it possible to click classified feature image on single classified page and get larger image?

No there is currently no light box effect for Classifieds which would make a good feature request in another ticket - just as the feature request itself.

Let me know how you make out with the image size and if they are indeed preset by your themes css?

Cheers, Joe

• nl2

Hi Joe,

Thank you, but still have questions:

Regarding Image field - "not required" - I still don't see the difference between checked or unchecked:
    - on both cases (checked or unchecked) if users do not supply an image they get the image that is set on Classifieds general settings.
    - on both cases (checked or unchecked) there is no error message says you must upload image

I think I would exept that maybe when "not required" is checked there will be no image at all.
    If "not required" is unchecked and the user didn't upload image then the default image wil be displayd

As I said, I don't find the difference. I find the 2 options behave exactly the same. Do I miss something?

Regarding feature image size:
    Are you saying that feature image size is set by theme media settings for the whole site and there is not specific size setting for the plugin?

Naomi

• aecnu

Greetings Naomi,

Thank you for the additional clarification and I totally understand the reason for your question regarding this matter with the image requirement though I admit I do not have an explanation for this.

In regards to the images, it is possible that I am wrong - it happens once in awhile ... lol ... but fortunately rarely.

However, to get a solid answer/explanation/clarification on these last two items, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.