Classifieds Feature Request / Recommendation (Individual Site + Network Combo)

It would be really nice if when using a WP Multisite Network or Buddypress to be able to offer users the ability to enter listing for their own site and have them show up on a section of their own site and in a network wide classifieds section.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Sean,

We have something similar for BuddyPress. Each individual user would have their own classifieds on their profile page and all the classifieds from all users are listed on the common classifieds page.

Extending this to the network makes sense in some cases, for instance real-estate sites. Agents would want to have individual sites, while a common database of what is available would be very useful for the buyers.

Lets see if other users have votes on this one. I am moving this to the feature request forum. Good idea :slight_smile:

• Sean
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Arun Basil Lal.

Thank you for your response. I do have another question based on your comment; Are you using this plugin for to achieve that functionality with Buddypress or using a different plugin?

Sean

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Sean,

Sorry I missed out on that question (at times like this, a slight nudge would work :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have any thoughts on the difference between Events + and BuddyPress Group Calendar? Would you use one, the other or both?

Depends on what you want to do with it. Events+ is a fully blown Event booking plugin, something like Facebook events, but even better. You can have RSVP's accept payment for events and show events calendar and much more.

BuddyPress Group Calendar is similar, but works only for BuddyPress and doesn't have as many options as Events +. Its best if you try out both and decide which one fits your needs better. What do you think?

Let me know! Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.