Classifieds gives me a 500 error

Hi, I backupped and moved my site with a working Classifieds plugin to a new hoster. I used the original backupfile and the site is not working anymore. When I disable the Classifieds plugin (renaming the folder in wp-content/plugins/) it works.

I found out that my new hoster is using PHP Version 5.3.26, the old hoster has PHP 5.2.x

How can I get the plugin to work again in an 5.3 environment?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@eschoonheim,

First let's find out what's causing those errors. Can you please enable debug mode? This can be done by opening your wp-config.php file and changing

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    to
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then go to the page causing the 500 errors. You'll likely be shown a Wordpress error message.

Let me know what you find out.

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@eschoonheim,

When do you get the 500 error? Do you get it only on the front end, or the dashboard as well?

Can you also try deleting the classifieds plugin from your site and reinstalling it? This way we know we have all the files just in case something went wrong during the move. You won't lose any of your classifieds settings if you do this.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.
    Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@eschoonheim,

Are you using the latest version of Classifieds?

Can you try deactivating all your plugins, then switch to the default theme of Wordpress (Twenty Twelve)? After this, enable Classifieds to see if it works.

This is only temporary to test things out. If you still have the error at this point, we need to look deeper. Otherwise it could be a plugin/theme conflict. If the issue goes away, you can slowly start enabling other plugins and go back to your other theme. As soon as the site "breaks" again, we'll know which plugin is causing a conflict (if there is one)

I'm also unsure of why you didn't get any error message with debug mode enabled. Can you please double check to make sure it's on, as well as enable debug logging? You can checkout the tutorial for this here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/the-right-way-to-debug-php-in-wordpress

Best regards

• eschoonheim
    • Flash Drive

Yes, I'm using the latest version.

I disabled all plugins, switched to twenty-ten and installed classifieds from a fresh download.

After installation I get the error "Fatal error: Class 'CustomPress_Core' not found in /home/domainname/domains/domainname/public_html/demo/wp-content/plugins/classifieds/core/custompress/core/content-types.php on line 18"

One thing I mentioned earlier is that it had worked before. On my old webhost, where a different php version is installed, it works just fine. I backupped that site and moved it to a faster host, where it's not working. The new host is using a newer PHP version, and is using memcache and APC.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.