classifieds - insert default html into template

Hi,

I want to add text/html as default to the sign up template of Classifieds.

I have tried to do this on functions.php with no effect so I am assuming I need to place it elsewhere.

Please could you point me to the correct location to add this.

Thanks

• harryhayes

Hi Tim,

I am trying to modify classifieds so that new registrations will be able to add clickable links in their posts. It seem that classified does not allow for links in either the description or the custom fields.

I have not been able to find a way to do this so have come up with 2 ideas.

1- insert some default text into the description field (when you create a new page from the front end) that, when changed, eg 'insert your url here' will allow the links to function. However, I don't think this will work as it seems that this will not be editable in the correct way.
    or
    2- redirect the 'add new' classified button to the 'add new classified' in the users admin which, again, will have some default html for the user to edit to display their clickable links. I know this will work due tho the editor functions in admin however, I cant find where to place the default text.

I am aware that many of my users will not have a clue how to edit php or html so it would be great if classifieds did this as default. Please let me know if it is supposed to as I might be missing something.

See- http://qrlocal.info/classified/test-page/

This is aimed at mobile users specifically so it is a requirement to allow click to sms & click to call.

You might notice a lot of white space in the head section before the classified title. I don't suppose you know where to edit to reduce this?

I originally created an html which will show you how I originally planned the pages to output. http://qrlocal.info/demo

Due to wanting to automate the creation and payment of these pages I have gone down the classifieds route but a simple way to create these fields has proved impossible.

I also want to remove the pay by credt card option at the checkout as it is not required. Any idea how?

Thanks again

Nick

• Timothy Bowers

Hey nick, sorry took me a few minutes to get it set up and have a play. :slight_smile:

I am trying to modify classifieds so that new registrations will be able to add clickable links in their posts.

Looking at your link and testing on my sandbox site you have clickable links and I can add them also.

http://test2.cowpat.net/classified/another-test-with-link/ "asdaDasdasdasd" is the link title.

Am I missing something?

Take care.

• aecnu

Greetings harryhayes,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.