Classifieds interferes with rest of my Wordpress site

I have created several of my own custom post types and when I activate the Classifieds plugin it interferes with and messes up my pagination and viewing of single posts for my custom post types. Any idea what could be causing this? I was thinking I might have to install a 2nd WP installation in a subdomain of the website for just the classifieds in order to get this working.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• aecnu

Greetings mccawphoto,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I have created several of my own custom post types and when I activate the Classifieds plugin it interferes with and messes up my pagination and viewing of single posts for my custom post types. Any idea what could be causing this?

Absolutely, Classifieds makes heavy use of custom post types and this is what is causing the anomaly interfering with your version custom post types.

I was thinking I might have to install a 2nd WP installation in a subdomain of the website for just the classifieds in order to get this working.

In light of the custom post types, unless you want to remove the ones you created this is probably the best option. Note: Directory plugin makes heavy use of custom post types too.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings mccawphoto,

Any tips on installing a 2nd WP installation that uses the same database and users tables?

Creating a sub site in a MultiSite WordPress install may be the most efficient way to handle this. The following plugin could be the perfect solution for managing the users for the main site and sub sites Multisite User Management

So is there a way to make this plugin not interfere with my custom post types. Removing my custom post types is not an option at all.

I do not think nor have I suggested that you not use your own custom post types, I was just pointing out what my opinion of the problem is. This could probably be addressed by a sub site of your main website using the Classifieds plugin on the sub site.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.