Classifieds main section, edit Default display content

Ont he main classifieds screen, I would like to edit the core plugin files, in order to include a custom field, namely

http://sanaps.org.za/classifieds/

I would like to add the custom field " auction date "

Currently : TITLE , POSTED BY, CATORGARIES

I do understadn that I have to amend the lopp-taxaonomy.php,
And that furtehr plugin updates can disrupt this.

Please do assist in adding the custom field to be displayed.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Nishal,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Did you have a look at the plugin usage files here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/#usage ?

That will help you set things up like adding a custom field and showing that on the frontend.

I do understadn that I have to amend the lopp-taxaonomy.php,
    And that furtehr plugin updates can disrupt this.

Yes, if you modify the core files, they will not be update proof. So whenever there is a plugin update, it will wipe those changes off so you will need to manually update the plugins and make sure that you do not overwrite any files.

Can you kindly see the guide and let me know if there are more questions or if there is anything that it does not cover.

I will be around for any further questions.

Cheers, PC

• Nishal
    • Flash Drive

Hi PC,

I am aware of creating and adding custom fields,

the guide does not cover adding these custom fields to the main display classified area.

Ive previously spoken to Ashok and he advised me in assisting the plugin file loop-taxonomy.php in order to edit the main classified area displayed information.

Default is TITLE, USER, CATEGORY, EXPIRY

Id like to add AUCTION DATE to it...

If you could assist with editing the file , I would appreciate it.

• Nishal
    • Flash Drive

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/classifieds-plugin-display-custom-information#post-621158

" Ashok STAFF

You need to edit the plugin core files. If you do that, you can't update your plugin anymore, as this will be overwritten if you update.

If you want to core files let me know, also tell me that what do you want to edit, you want to add more information or remove? I will try to give you correct guidelines.

Cheers
    Ash "

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Nishal

I hope you are well today. So you have custom field already. Is it created by custompress or you wrote code in functions.php?

To show the custom field value you need to open the file /wp-content/plugins/classifieds/ui-front/general/loop-taxonomy.php and use the following code:
    For custompress:

echo do_shortcode('[ct id="_ct_text_5317ae3c537a9"]');

Where _ct_text_5317ae3c537a9 is the name of custom field. You will get the name of custom field, if you right click on the field, select inspect element in chrome and find the name (check screenshot).

For normal coding:

$val = get_post_custom_values('_ct_text_5317ae3c537a9', get_the_ID());
    echo $val[0];

If you want to put this code in html block, make sure you add <?php and ?> tag (I guess you are familiar with php coding).

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nishal
    • Flash Drive

Thanks a ton for the guidance Ashok, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Im still a noob on php coding....though with your guide ive managed to add :

<tr>
    <th><?php _e( 'Auction', CF_TEXT_DOMAIN ); ?></th> <td>
    <span class="cf-author"><?php echo do_shortcode('[custom_fields_block]'); ?> </span>

</td>
    </tr>

which has worked showing the auction date.

You can temporarily view the results here,

http://crestviewvet.co.za/wp/classifieds/

I have also made similar changes to the page-my-classifieds.php

Thank you very Much, :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.