Classifieds Manual?

Hello -

I was hoping to find a classifieds manual that I can read over to come up to speed on how to properly setup the plugin. Between the custom press and classifieds settings I'm all over the place trying to get things to display.

Is there theme that this works best on or ones I should stay away from?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Dan

• aecnu

Greetings Dan,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

The Classifieds plugin currently under new development as with Custom Press plugin do not have a manual for them at this time.

They are both being rewritten by one of our fantastic new developers to include the Directory plugin acquired during the remake of WPMU Dev which does not only include new developers but a brand new support team that is working together performing the monumental task of re-writing all instructions for 300+ plugins and themes.

Is there theme that this works best on or ones I should stay away from?

Great question! In the stay away from list it is my opinion that Genesis, Thesis, Salutations, and Theme Forest themes are the hardest to integrate with and I truly appreciate your asking this question.

With regards to Theme Forest themes an independent article kind of said it all for me:
    http://wpcandy.com/thinks/themeforest-is-the-red-headed-stepchild

Though I have found that most Theme Forest Themes to be stunning and pixel perfect, I have to agree with Valerie whom offered the first comment on the article above when she said "You’re right – a lot of them are great looking. I’ve purchased several for just that reason. But of the 10 of so themes I’ve purchased from ThemesForest over the past year, only 1 is actually in use. The rest of them, once I started working with them, ended up being too limiting in one way or another, had serious coding problems, conflicts with plugins or other, major customization roadblocks and very little to no support from the author."

It seems that many theme authors are this way, the themes are beautiful but integration and compatibility are the purchasers problem in their minds.

Though you have asked a broad question in which I was happy to answer, is there a specific issue that I may help resolve for you if possible?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Dan,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• dmorell51

Hi Joe,

I hope all is going well for you. I guess my biggest issue was choosing a theme to use for the plugin and then setting it up properly. This was my gap to start out with, I haven't been able to get past this part.

I also was curious about the PayPal addition. Does the PayPal add on work behind the scene's so the client never has to leave the site or does it bounce to PayPal to get the payment and then redirect back to the site.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Dan

• Chance

Thanks @Joe for the great link about themes. That article finely put the words in my mouth to say about Themeforest. "Beautiful but lacking in functionality and future development."

That is why I chose to start using this platform and go gold. WPMUDEV is active, growing, and has rockstar support. I haven't been able to get where I want to be for myself or my clients and believe that these guys are that answer I was looking for.

Cheers!
    Chance

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.