Classifieds Not Creating Pages

Hi All: I have installed the Classifieds plugin into Buddypress. Everything seems fine until I click the publishing button. Once I do, the "View page" link appears. Once I click that, the page cannot be found. It does produce a pretty URL but not a content page.

I am using the "business feature" theme.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Rob

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Rob,

Can you try re-saving your permalinks? Just go to Settings>Permalinks and click the Save Changes button. Sometimes these get out of sorts in WordPress and re-saving does the trick.

Let us know if that helps, if it doesn't a link to the site may be helpful (and the link that doesn't work)

Thanks!

• Simcoeartists
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That's great masonjames, it worked. Thank you!

So pages are created now, e.g. http://muskokabusiness.ca/classified/oki-data-c9500/ -nice.

I cannot seem to get any top nav custom menu control on the site or this subdomain hub http://sites.muskokabusiness.ca/. Custom menus just do not seem to work? They do on the 2010 theme e.g. http://golffreak.muskokabusiness.ca/classifieds/my-classifieds/

Should the Classified plugin be creating top nav links on the hub site automatically? Not really clear on how navigation works?

Thx Much

R

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Tried to go to your links there but got "Server not found" for each one of them. Let me know when it's back up and running and I'll take a look with ya.

You can use custom menu navs to link to Classifieds - and yes, it should create a 'classifieds' page for you automatically when the plugin is first activated.

Thanks!

• Simcoeartists

Thanks, the sites are back up now. My host went down.

The main issue now is lack of ability to use custom menus on main site (muskokabusiness.ca) and some hub sites (sites.muskokabusiness.ca). Again the 2010 theme works fine.

Cheers,

Rob

EDIT: spelling

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Rob,

Bummer about the host, but glad to hear it's back up.

Gotta ask, but on muskokabusiness.ca have you gone in and actually created a custom menu in Appearance>Menus?

You'll have to assign one and then it should work just fine. Probably the same on sites.muskokabusiness.ca?

Please confirm this and we'll continue from there. You should be able to add classifieds (or any link ya like) this way.

• Simcoeartists

Yeah, it's happening way too much with this host lately.

Gotta ask, but on muskokabusiness.ca have you gone in and actually created a custom menu in Appearance>Menus?

Yes, again and again. Actually it's a problem everywhere, even with the 2010 theme. No MU or Buddypress sites allow me to use Appearance>Menus. Although the 2010 theme responds to auto page creation (like classified plugin) custom menus just don't seem to work.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

No MU or Buddypress sites allow me to use Appearance>Menus.

Do you mean the option doesn't show up in the admin or that the menu doesn't save?

I just tested this with the gallery theme and everything's working as expected. When you're on the menu screen do you see 'Classifieds' and 'My Classifieds' listed as created pages under the pages area?

I want to confirm that the pages actually exist and then that you're able to see (and save) the custom menus.

Thanks!

• Simcoeartists

Hi there. Yes the classified pages are present.

Here are the steps I am taking to create a custom top nav menu on muskokabusiness.ca:

1) Appearance>Menus
    2) Tried adding "Custom Links" => No dice
    3) Tried adding "Classified page" => No dice

I tried both "Automatically add new top-level pages" checked and unchecked

I also tried the same routine on sites.muskokabusiness.ca => same result.

Thanx,

Rob

EDIT: Attachments (screen shots) were rejected, it was a zip file.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Rob,

It appears in both images that you haven't yet selected which menu to use as your 'Primary Navigation'.

Once you've created a menu you must then assign that menu to a particular area in the "Theme Locations" metabox. Just click the dropdown and select the menu you want to use in that location and you should be good to go.

Let us know if that doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.