Classifieds - Out of the box setup and layout poor & incomplete

I am really disappointed with this "Classifieds" plugin. The setup & appearance of pages is not at all what I expected or hoped it would be upon purchasing my WPMU membership! I had hope hopes for both this plugin & others, and am totally deflated by the overall minimal layout styling & available options to change in the settings to a non-"IT" developer!

I can't add headings... I can't change my sidebar... The Classifieds page layout is bare, no category headers or categories listed at all, pictures don't align, there's some crappy colour scheme on the listing, no options on the page for people to login or signup... It just looks like some half baked page prepared by a 12yr old at the moment, and add to that, the page keeps getting "LOST" for some strange reason, and sends the user to an alternate site address... NOT SATISFACTORY AT ALL!

I would really very much appreciate someone setting it up for me completely, so that it matches the rest of my site, as I am no IT-developer or coder quite capable of doing this. That said, I've been able to set up the rest of my site by myself with the use of themes & plugins easily enough, hence my disappointment with this plugin.
Please let me know what we may be able to do from here...

Many thanks in advance

Belinda

• PC

Hello Belinda,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing and please be assured that we are standing by to help you.

First of all, can you kindly give me a direct link to your classifieds page so that I can see that in action ?

Every theme has a different CSS and hence a few themes need some Custom CSS to make things look better and we would suggest the required CSS to make it happen.

the page keeps getting "LOST" for some strange reason, and sends the user to an alternate site address...

That might happen due to permalinks settings. Can you give me a link to the page which keeps getting lost ?

And also can you do the below :

Visit Settings >> Permalinks
    Select Default and hit save
    then select Post name and hit save again and try if the page work fine after that.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.