Classifieds plugin - ads not displaying

Just got the awesome classifieds plugin installed.

Think I might be missing a small step here...

Created a test add in the back office which is visible from the dashboard.

Cant see it on the classifieds page though...

http://thatmlmbeat.com/classifieds/

I added tables classifieds_ads, classifieds_categories and classifieds_credits
in my db_config for multi db plugin.

Any other tables or anything else to check?

Thanks,.

George

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@James Yes the shortcode that was created is [classifieds_page] I tried [classifieds] just in case but didnt work either.

@masonjames Thanks.. also weird that it seems like the classifieds are attached to a missing profile..

Wouldnt that be the page that actually displays all the ads.

• Ivan

@georgef I've tested the following setup: WP MS 3.0.1, BuddyPress 1.2.5.2 and Multi DB 3.0.1 and everything works as expected. The multi DB setup is tricky though so most probably there is something messed up with the DB tables there. Clean everything and try reinstalling it. Here is a simple guide:

1. Make sure you are working with the "global db".
    2. Find all "classifieds_" options inside ( if on MS - "wp_sitemeta" else "wp_options" ) and remove them.
    3. Remove the "classifieds" page from the admin ( remove it from trash also ).
    4. Remove all "wp_classifieds_" tables from the global table ( remove any classifieds tables or options
    from the child DB's - they shouldn't be there in the first place )
    5. Make sure your setup uses the latest versions mentioned above.
    6. Reinstall the plugin.

• georgef

@Ivan

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the same issue.

I followed your instructions and did it twice just to make sure.

Right now I have one active add, but still displays nothing.

Anything else I can try or anything more specific?

Thanks...

• Ivan

@georgef I've tested your setup and I have found why the bug is occurring.

Inside your global DB, the "wp_posts" table ( where the root "classifieds" plugin page should be created ) is severely crippled. The schema is very old and more than half of the required table columns are missing. Also the "wp_postmeta" table is missing completely.

For the purposes of your site you are using your "admin" blog instead of the root system. The plugin can't create the page inside your blog tables ( for a reason ). The bug was caused by you manually creating the page. The associated shortcode is not supposed to be introduced on a blog level.

You can verify that the plugin is working correctly by visiting your user profile classifieds page:
    http://thatmlmbeat.com/members/admin/classifieds/my-classifieds/ . You see that the ad is displayed properly, but you are missing the root "classifieds" page which dispatches the requests to the particular ad.

The issue can be resolved only if you upgrade your database schema to the latest version.

You need to take a better care of your plugins and databases if you want to sustain a bug free fast system.

• georgef

Alright, finally. My DB's are fixed, upgraded, Schema upgraded, optimized and converted to INNODB.

I removed everything, started from scratch, and ads still don't display on the main page.

Any idea how to fix it?

Where do I start debugging.

Also, is there anyone that has all the ads being displayed on the /classifieds page for the main site.

Thanks,

George

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.