Classifieds Plugin - Can users purchase a product using this plugin?

Hi,
I've applied to classifieds plugin to my wordpress website and am still in the development process. I am wondering though if this plugin provides users with the ability to purchase a product and have that money transferred to the seller?

Say one person posts an ad of them selling a book. Can a buyer purchase this book using this classified plugin?

Thank you for your time,
Kind Regards,
Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris!

The MarketPress plugin was built as a full-featured e-commerce tool/store rather than a "buy/sell adds market place" but it could be used - in a way - for this.

You could setup a Multisite WordPress letting your users to signup for their own site. In order to make it more like a "marketplace" you could also use our "New Blog Templates" plugin to achieve following:

- give users the "ready to use" website with no need for further configuration (except of course adding their products and setting payment gateway)

- "pre-define" users websites "look and feel"

They could then signup for the site and it would be automatically set for them, including a MarketPress instance. They could then add their products ("adds") there and directly grab the payments.

Essentially, that would be a "multi vendor" platform. If you have any further questions on this or need any assistance, let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Chris

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Is there a way we could possibly speak over the phone about this so I can better understand how marketplace could be used as the plugin for my site?

I am sorry but we are not providing support over phone. You could use our live chat sessions if you want to get depth knowledge in active chat session about our product. :slight_smile: Here is our live chat support schedule,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Or is there somebody from wpmudev I could potentially meet with that could further explain this?

Again I am sorry but we are not providing in person support.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Chris

That's all good, thanks Milan.

Essentially what I'm looking to do is create a combination of Ebay and Facebook, where the users profile is also their store.
    Using the multisite feature and marketplace, is this possible? Can they be combined so somebody can publish their ads to a news feed, where customers can then purchase the product from?

With the multisite feature and users creating their own site, does that just mean they are creating their own profile/page/store? I'm currently using buddypress as the platform for the social media side, so they already have their own profile. It'd just be a case of adding in the marketplace plugin and integrating this with the buddypress profile so users can publish ads from their personal profile.

Much like your classifieds plugin integrates with buddypress and provides a link directly on a users profile, can marketplace do this but then allow users to purchase the product directly from another user's profile?

Thanks for all the support,
    Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Chris!

What I suggested would work a in a slightly different way. It would be more like a combination of WordPress.com site and Etsy than of Ebay and Facebook.

Essentially, users would create their own websites with their own stores on them. Putting it simpler: imagine a WordPress.com blog but with an e-store on it.

You could also use some in-built tools to show up all the "products/offers" on your main site. That wouldn't however be like FB and Ebay.

Customers could by from your users and the profits would go directly to those selling users. Users (sellers) could also have their BP profiles and it should be possible that they could put their products into their BuddyPress profiles (by adding some shortcodes).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Chris

Okay I think I understand what you're saying. These websites each user is creating though, they wouldn't be on my website, there would just be a link to their website located on mine?

Would the website each person creates be a separate page to their own BP profile though? I'm hoping to make the two of these one entity.

The main focus is also to have a News Feed which operates very much like Facebook's. This would be where majority of the ad/product viewing would take place. When someone uploads an ad, it would appear on the news feed for everyone to see.

I'm essentially just trying to find a plugin that does what your "classifieds" plugin does, but with the ability for customers to actually purchase the product on the site.
    Or, can you add another plugin to the "classifieds" plugin that allows users to do this?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Chris,

Okay I think I understand what you're saying. These websites each user is creating though, they wouldn't be on my website, there would just be a link to their website located on mine?

With multisite users will be able to create subsites on your own network, they will not have an option to add new themes or plugins and will be limited to use the ones that you installed in your network.
    You can either have subdomain or subfolder installation and based on that your users site will look like this:
    Subdomain - usersite.yourdomain.com
    Subfolder - yourdomain.com/usersite
    You can check this blog post for more info on WP network installations:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/

Would the website each person creates be a separate page to their own BP profile though? I'm hoping to make the two of these one entity.

Even though users will be able to have their own subsites they will still get an account on your main site as well so they can configure their BP profiles there.

The main focus is also to have a News Feed which operates very much like Facebook's. This would be where majority of the ad/product viewing would take place. When someone uploads an ad, it would appear on the news feed for everyone to see.

I'm not familiar of a way to make this automated process but you can have your users sell products on their subsites but leave classifieds active only on your main site so they can create ads on your main site where all of them would be displayed but link to their subsite store.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.