Classifieds plugin - how can I get the price to display in the expanded view for a specific classifi

The Classified categories do not appear in the menu and so cannot be displayed in an orderly fashion. Using the shortcodes to display the list results in a pile of unwanted info being displayed under the category list. There does not seem to be a way of getting rid of it without major editing of the code (but that's why I bought it premade, so I don't have to do any code work).

However, normal WP categories can be displayed in the menu. So . . . I can create categories and assign classifieds to them and they are displayed in all their expanded glory. BUT the price for the item is inexplicably not displayed when the item is expanded.

This is not good no matter how you choose to make the items appear on the page. When a person clicks on an item for sale, the price disappearing when the item is expanded to give more detail is a terrible outcome.

Guys, is this an oversight or is there something I am missing here? How can I get the asking price for an item to display when the item is expanded?

• Chello

Hmmm I am running 3.4.2 vers of WP

The only thing it displays in expanded view is the content of the classified wysiwyg which does not have the price in it!

This is just the start of the issues we are having . . .

I set up a new user and called it advertiser. I gave the capabilities for them to add and edit etc. But, the user cannot see or add classifieds. It appears the role they are assigned is "subscriber" only, I have set the default role to "advertiser" in the WP settings area, but this does not seem to work at all.

Is the plugin compatible with my version of WP? Can I send you the log in details so you can have a look? http://www.buderim.com/classifieds

• Arnold

Sure you have the latest version? 2.3.0.6

Capabilities alone do not allow one to enter ads. You must also be authorized, which means you bought something to get ads. Credits, subscription, something.

The default role is the same as the Wordpress default role set in Settings > General > New User Default Role. This you get just for registering. Confers no capabilities by itself.

The Assign Member Role is what the user is assigned After they buy something.

Looking at your site the prices are there.

• Chello

Thanks for replying Arnold,
    I am running that version and yes the prices are there as you point out in that format, but this is not how I want it to display. As I said, I actually want the categories to display in the menu and the CF plug-in's exclusive categories, do not do that.

So I have taken the display back to default, so you can see how it is working on my set up.

The initial list view that appears when you click the "classifieds" menu button is of no value. (hence my desire to change the layout) I assume you clicked "cars" to get to the second screen.

From your screenshots of my site you can see that neither look like the one in your demo, they are both missing images. I put the featured image in, but it apparently does not "take".

My problems with this plug-in are complex,
    So to clarify the issues here . . .

1. The inbuilt categories in the plugin do not appear in the menu. So they cannot be displayed easily. If you assign "native" WP categories, it works brilliantly but does not display the prices. (my initial problem)

2. The featured image is not showing up in any case.

3. I am yet to discover how to get a user to pay for anything, I have set up PayPal, I have a price on the ads, I have a user group set up and they are the default. You register as a user and all is good till you go to "add new" - which is what I assume the user would do next and BINGO "lack of permission" shows up. I would have thought you would go to a "payment type" or something?

Is there any manual of operation?

• Arnold

Custom post type and categories are Custom. They are not part of the regular Wordpress handling of menus. Wordpress wouldn't know they exist unless you tell it. They have to be added manual to the menu if that's where you want them.

There is also a shortcode which will list the Classifieds categories in a grid or list. [cf_list_categories style="grid"]. See image below.

I went through a signup and up to a purchase on your site

Clicked My Classifieds
    Showed screen indication no Credits
    Clicked My Credits got asummary and a button to order credits
    Clicked purchase credits got the start of the payment screen.
    Could have also got to the Payment screen clicking the Classifieds Checkout menu.

One you pay and have credits or a subscription you'll get buttons for adding listings.

So payment for classifieds is working.

I have the suspicion you're expecting people to be able to pay for an item advertised in classifieds? This is not what this plug in does. It sells classified ads, not the items offered in ads.

As far as featured images, are you sure you're entering them as featured images? Looks like you just inserted an image in the description text. There is a set featured image link for putting it in and you need to tell the system to use the image you upload as a feature image after you edit the title and other meta data.

• Chello

Yeah thanks Arnold, Iike I said in the previous post, I discovered the credit thing was required in order to get the payment stuff to register on the user's dashboard.
    No I am not expecting peeps to pay the price indicated in the ads, I understand how it should work. Just was confused by the "credits" thing. Why don't we just make it they pay $x for a specified term, after which the ad drops off? I do hold concerns that people will find this process difficult and confusing.

I am clicking the link to upload the featured image, but it simply drops the image into the body of the classified. Not sure why, did you try to put one in?

How did you get the layout for the first screenshot in the last post? That looks like the biz! Also, I get that I need to put the categories in manually into the menu, - do you mean that I have to get the urls from a different view and put them into the menu that way for each category?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.