I am not very familiar with Classifieds other than having read information about the plugin, but I quickly understood that it was not right for my project. I am now using another plugin for the functionality I need, but if you could improve Classifieds in a few points I would not hesitate to use it.
What I need:
- Possibility to create different types of ads and listings with different fields and different settings (price, time limit etc).
- Automatic emails when ad is expiring + easy renewal process (maybe you already have?)
- A new date for renewed ads, so that they don't end up last in the list
- Ratings and reviews
- Coupons / credits / possibility for admin to "approve" an ad without it being paid
- Possibility to list ads from different categories together and choose how to sort them (for example category A and B, sort after title ascending with category A first)
- Advanced search in chosen fields (for example color: black)
What would be cool to have:
- Different "levels" for each type of ad (for example free and premium, where the premium one for example allows you to upload more images for an additional cost). That could be done with different categories, but this solution would be even more convenient.
- Shortcode for displaying premium ads (maybe in a slider or just as featured ads in top or sidebar)
- Google Maps integration