Classifieds Plugin Links

I've created a couple of adverts in two different categories under the classified plugin. Unfortunately, when I view the ads and click on either the category name or the title of the classified advert, it brings up a missing page error.

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

It's also not showing the default image I set (a 150x150 jpeg), if an advert is created with no picture.

I'm not sure I understand the point of the dashboard - I thought it was where an admin could edit any post from anyone? It's just showing mine (the admins) when I look at it and it won't even let me edit them?! (You are not allowed to edit this item.).

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

Can you provide a link to the site?

Do you have the "Not Required" box checked in the General tab for the Image field?

Does the url to the default image point to an image in your media files? uploaded via your media menu?

The Dashboard is for your Classefied ads. Are you able to view and manage them from the Classified>Classified menu?

Best,

Kimberly

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kimberley,

I've tried it with and without the 'not required' box ticked and I've tried it via media file upload or regular direct ftp upload, the default 'no image' graphic still doesn't show (and I've checked the image url loads directly).

A link to the site is http://popround.co.uk/classifieds - you will see that when you click on the title of the advert or the category, a missing page error occurs, there is also no description shown, which I would like.

Yes, I can edit the adverts from classified -> classified menu.

Thanks

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

Update - After reading another post on here, I've reset my permalinks and the category and title links now work, only thing is, the adverts are squashed into a narrow column so I have that to figure out now.

The 'no image' image still isn't working.

I would still like the option to add a few lines of description on the preview listings (as well as some other required fields, such as location etc).

Many Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Glad the permalinks are working :slight_smile:

Classifieds is actually a version of CustomPress, so it is possible to add those fields, but you will need to be comfortable editing your page templates and adding these fields. I will be glad to help you get started, however I cannot give you any theme specific advice as it is not our theme and I'm not very familiar with yours.

We can try to do it if you are up to the task. :slight_smile: I would first suggest looking at the "custom fields" and excerpt options to see if you can use any of those with your theme before we go chopping into the files :slight_smile:

I am not able to replicate the default image issue. can you please post the url structure of the media link?

Also would it be possible for you to test on a default twenty theme? so we can rule out a conflict there?

Best,

Kimberly

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

Hi again,

Here is an example of a post with no default image
    http://popround.co.uk/classified/no-pic-advert/

The image url is
    http://www.popround.co.uk/wp-content/images2/noimage.jpg

I have changed the theme to twenty eleven for now, although I do want to test this with my own theme.

Could you first tell me how to change this page so the advert is not squashed into a tiny column? http://popround.co.uk/cf-categories/toys-games/

After that I'll take a deep breath and dive into the custom fields!

Thanks for the help x

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

When I visit the classified link I see "page not found"

and it 's still the Bounce theme.

did you take a look to see if the default image did not show in the twenty eleven theme?

I noticed your url to the image has a /image2/ the number 2, is this by design?

and I'm not seeing anything on the second link either

Do i need to login to do so? just lemme know :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Yes I'm working on the site a fair bit at the moment so unfortunately I can't leave it static for too long - I had to change back to my theme as I needed something Buddypress compatible and the theme didn't seem to be causing any problems either.

The path incudes /images2 as I was just testing it under another url...you can also use /images, neither work in any theme.

Can you please tell me how to make the columns different on the listings pages (as asked above), after that it would be great to sort out the image problem and the extra addition and removal of certain fields.

Thank you.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

it seems there is a margin that is affecting the width of the ad:

.cf-padder {
        border-right: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
        margin-right: 225px;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 19px;
    }

You'll need to redefine this in your child theme without the margin-right, or with the margin-right as a smaller value, say 10 px

have you looked at the Custompress documentation at all? It's best you already have an idea of what needs to be done before we add anything.

• tina_hoffman
    • Flash Drive

Brilliant that's better thanks!

I'm sure I will find more to add, but for now I would like to make those changes to the price and location fields. I'd also like to add a couple of lines of text on the 'add classified" page, just as an explanation to users. I need also to either take away the 'contact user' button (on the single classified page) or even better, make it redirect to the users profile/message area, as I will be using buddypress internal private email to contact people, not regular email.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Lots of customizations!

Firebug will be your friend here :slight_smile:

You can check out the classified post type in the CustomPress menu, see how it all works and use the Custom Field to add any extra fields you like, just make sure you choose the classified post type.

Best!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You'll need to look into the classified template for that.

you can probably hide the button with this in your child theme

.contact-user-btn {
    	display: none;}

I'm not 100% sure though, i'd need to see the page and the button you are referring to.

In any case you can probably hide it with css. Should be located in plugin files> ui-front>buddypress>style-bp-classifieds.css

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.