Classifieds Plugin Not working

Hello,

I have installed the classifieds plugin and configured the options, added categories, and added an ad, but browsing to http://schubertclub.ddwenterprises.com/classifieds/ or any other frontend page relating to the classifieds plugin just displays a blank page. I have tried deactivating/reactivating, and re-installing the plugin with the same result.

Please help, Thanks,

John

• aecnu

Greetings John,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I have indeed visited your site using the link provided and I could not find any specific reason why this issue is occurring nor any specific issues with the page using the browser consoles.

Now I believe it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• ddwenterprises

Thank you for your quick response. It turns out it is the theme that is causing the compatibility issues. However, the theme being used is Headway which is a very popular theme, so it is surprising to be causing a conflict. I am not using a child theme and have not modified the core files of wordpress, the classifieds plugin, or the theme. This is literally the last step in building this website, so at this point, switching themes is not an option.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to remedy the situation.

Thank you,

John

• aecnu

Greetings John,

Thank you for your additional clarification and input which is certainly appreciated.

I must confess that Headway indeed causes a lot of headaches as evidenced by the many tickets in WPMU DEV dealing with those very issues.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=895&noj=1&sclient=psy-ab&q=site%3Awpmudev.org+headway&oq=site%3Awpmudev.org+headway

I have found that if the theme is a framework - 99.9% of the time it is an issue integrating plugins etc. and most commonly css because the end user does not know how to integrate the plugin into the framework.

Now lets see if we can integrate it with information from this post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/classifieds-and-custom-theme#post-118312

That theme isn't very compatible with the Classifieds plugin (it doesn't appear to use a typical WordPress -theme structure).

So, we'll have to make some custom modifications to make things work better. To do so we'll need to grab the page-classifieds.php file from inside the plugin directory here:
    classifieds/ui-front/general/page-classifieds.php.

Make an exact copy of this file and drop it in your theme's root directory (wp-content/themes/headway)

Now, I'll need to see your theme's default page.php file for comparison. We'll basically merge some of the data from that file into your new page-classifieds.php and should come away with much better results.

Please advise if this indeed does the job for you.

Look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings John,

Thank you for the drop box and other then the index.php file I do not see any likely candidates though I am not a coder or theme developer - so it could be right in front of me and I do not see it.

Therefore I will see if I can get the very talented and responsive lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

There are several themes that ignore the Wordpress template hierarchy and which would [revent Classifieds from working. To adapt to a theme we use the page.php template since it would consist of header, content, sidebars and footer. Then we force the replacement of the content with data from the classifieds plugin.

If you don't have the equivalent of a page.php then there nothing to hook to.

From your drop box you've created a page-classifieds.php file but it's not complete. It's just a copy of the content file that would be used in the above scenario. If you create a custom template you have to do everythingfor the template, get_header, get_sidebar, get_footer etc. First thing I would do is delete that file and see what it happens. Right now it may just be pulling you off the themes page code.

From the looks of Headways index.php and footer.php it's clear Headway just stomps over the sandard Wordpress method of templating so they are going to be breaking a lot of things that expect it.

• aecnu

Greetings John,

It appears that after the lead developers input this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings RealDesignGraphics,

It appears that after the lead developers input this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Patrik

Hi

I reopened this thread because I have the same Issue now and your advices doesn't work for me. Like RealDesignGraphics said, I've created a custom code block in Headway Themes on the page I wanted, on the wpmudev automatically created pages, and put the php code from the page-classifieds into. But the pages still appears as a white page. See here -> wpmudev.latexchange.de - Do you have any other solutions?

Thanks for help.

Patrik

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.