Classifieds plugin translation

Hi, i've installed CodeStyling Localization plugin in order to translate wpmu classifieds plugin. made some word transalations for frontend, generate po and mo file however classifieds remains in english. What to do?
Thanks.

• intermix
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, i have 2 language files:

classifieds-default.po inside classifieds/languages/

and

custompress-default.po inside /classifieds/core/custompress/languages

which one of these am i supposed to translate and how to name it?

thanks.

Claudio

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @intermix

Thanks for posting back

classifieds-default.po inside classifieds/languages/

is what you should translate

you have to put it in your languages directory and make sure it matches the format of your WP_LANG. So it should be something like "classifieds-xx_XX.mo" after you finish translating it.

Cheers, PC

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @intermix,

You should also translate the Post Types within Custom Press: Dashboard > CustomPress > Content Types
    IN the tab Post Types click on edit below classifieds, scroll down to Labels and you can translate there.

Also in the tab Taxonomies are some strings to translate. Edit classifieds_tags and classifieds_categories (under Labels).

And the same for the tab Custom Fields (I have more Post Types, only translate the classifieds post type). In it is the Field Title and the Field Description which can be translated.

@PC,

I noticed that after updating the Clasifieds plugin I had to re-translate everything into Dutch in the tabs Post Types and Taxonomies. What was translated in the Custom Fields was still in Dutch. Or could that have happened because I switched from WP solo into WP MU?

Greetings,
Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.