Classifieds questions

Hi,

I've a few questions about Classifieds:

1. I've a problem with the layout. Please take a look at this. The first add is okay, but the seconds is below the image. Tried changes some values in the css but I can't get the information next to the image for the second add...

2. Can a currency symbol be added before the price of the add?

3. I want the users to be able to display their ads for a longer time. So I added an extra option in the Custom Field (dropdown box) for the duration and called it 6 months. Now the ad doesn't have an expire date (it says: No expiration date set). Must I do something extra to get the expiration date right?

4. I display all categories here. As you can see the "Edit this article" text is on the right side of the page and it should be at the bottom of the categories just above the comment form. I tried fixing it in the page but wasn't able to fix it. It looks like it's in the code for the shortcode: [cf_list_categories style="grid"]

5. For the page mentioned in bullet 4, I was able to tell classifieds has to use the full width template for my theme. How can I tell classifieds to use the full width for the pages that shows the entries in a categorie and for the classified itself?

6. I use the "Recent custom posts type widget" for displaying ads on the homepage in the sidebar, also displaying the featured image. Would like the text of the ad to be displayed next to the image and not below it. Is that possible?

Greetings,
  • aecnu

Greetings Age,

Thank you for the great questions.

1. I've a problem with the layout. Please take a look at this. The first add is okay, but the seconds is below the image. Tried changes some values in the css but I can't get the information next to the image for the second add...

I will ask the lead developer about the best practice for handling this and possibly make the images the same size - scaling? - which would be a feature request but could also possibly be a solution for this.

2. Can a currency symbol be added before the price of the add?

I just type it right in with the cost as shown here on my demo page and it works just fine: http://classifieds.aecnuwpmu.us/classifieds/

3. I want the users to be able to display their ads for a longer time. So I added an extra option in the Custom Field (dropdown box) for the duration and called it 6 months. Now the ad doesn't have an expire date (it says: No expiration date set). Must I do something extra to get the expiration date right?

This does fall into the realm of custom coding but we will see what tips Arnold may want to give us while he is in here.

4. I display all categories here. As you can see the "Edit this article" text is on the right side of the page and it should be at the bottom of the categories just above the comment form. I tried fixing it in the page but wasn't able to fix it. It looks like it's in the code for the shortcode: [cf_list_categories style="grid"]

I visited here and are you sure you are not logged into the site or you are working with a second "clean" browser for testing and not for developing?

Are you running any caching plugin? And if so please deactivate it and dump the cash while developing.

5. For the page mentioned in bullet 4, I was able to tell classifieds has to use the full width template for my theme. How can I tell classifieds to use the full width for the pages that shows the entries in a categorie and for the classified itself?

Though I believe this is theme dependent, you are indeed correct that those particular pages do have the sidebar.

This may need to have the pages displaying this to be custom coded to not include the side bars unless you can find an options within the theme options to do so.

6. I use the "Recent custom posts type widget" for displaying ads on the homepage in the sidebar, also displaying the featured image. Would like the text of the ad to be displayed next to the image and not below it. Is that possible?

You switched up on us here Age, you should create a separate ticket for this question (#6) because it is out of topic and most importantly because it has a different lead developer.

Fell free to copy any relevant information form this ticket into the new one for Recent Custom Posts plugin.

For the other question I mentioned calling in the lead developer about, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

1. Easiest would be change the width of the .cf-info table width from 100%

.cf-info table{
      width: 350px
    }

You appear to have variable width images.
    2. What he siad or use translation to chnage the '%01.2f' format statement.

3. I suspect you used the Dutch for 6 months which PHP wouldn't understand

http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php

so you'd need to customixze it.

4. Add a

<div class="clear"></div>

just before the

<div id="comment-providers">

to clear both margins.

5. This would be a function of your theme. You would have to disable any sidebars in your page.php template.

6. You'll have to fool with the CSS to get it the way you want probably something like

.rcpt_item_image img{
    float : left;
    }

for starters

• jongag1

Hi,

Thanks for giving me some directions!

1. Solved

2. Entering the symbol works, but I prefer to translate the '$%01.2f' format. Translated it into '€ $%01.2f'. But somehow it looks that it's not used, because I'm also missing the decimals after the point. Should I do something also with '%1$s, %2$s, %3$s %4$s %5$s' which is in the language file?

3. That's right, I wrote 6 maanden. Changed it into 6 months but now it's expiring after 1 year? Example
    So it's impossible to show the duration into Dutch? :slight_frown:

4. I added <div class='clear'></div> before <div id='comment-providers-select-message'> which is in the class_wdcp_comments_worker.php which is a file from the Comments+ plugin. Now the text 'Click on a tab...etc' is displayed above the comment form, so that's better! But the text 'Edit this article' still is on the right side of the displayed grid which should be below the grid I think.

5. Okay, can I copy page.php into something like page-classifieds.php so I can edit it? Otherwise all my pages will have no sidebar...

6. Yes, that did the trick! Great!

Gr,
  • Arnold

The actual string is "%01.2f" no "$:". The "$" would mess you up as that's the flag for a variable in PHP and would have to be escaped for a literal. Use '€ %01.2f'

Since you're doing the shortcode in a page you could try the <div class="clear"></div> in html right after the shortcode and it might take care of the whoie following content.

On the month yes for now it's stuck that way. You could put in 26 weeks. I'll have to think about what to do there for the next version.

• jongag1

Changed it into the translation in '€ %01.2f', but nothing happens. Here it has decimals, here not. And both haven't the currency sign.
    I noticed the demo site from Joe also is missing the currency. Except for the 1st ad, but he probably entered it in the custom field?

I added the extra div in the page and that works good now :slight_smile:

Regarding nr 5, is it possible to make a copy of the page layout just for the classifieds?

Gr,
  • jongag1

Well I just downloaded Classifieds again, but in the zip file there still is '$%01.2f' in the source text in classifieds-default.po which I used for the translation. I corrected the source in my translation and it's working ok now, so the download on your site needs a little change I guess :slight_smile:

Do you mean with

Thought you made a page-classifieds.php that would be the classified specific page.

I do can make a copy of page.php and name it page-classifieds.php and that it will be used for the classifieds itself, but not for the category page? If so, what name should I use for the category page?

Greetings,
Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.