classifieds tutorial and connection to appointments plus

I am trying to set up classifieds plugin but I lack information to do so. Is there any tutorial or documentation about it?
I have also installed appointment plus and would like to know if there will be any conflict between the plugins, since in both we need to stablish users's roles.
In fact I would like service providers to advertise their services using classifieds and schedule their appointments with A+.
So, my two questions are:
Where to get information on how to set classifieds up?
and
How can I get more details on how to use both plugins to work together?

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Vilma ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

Where to get information on how to set classifieds up?

You can check the usage section of the plugin page - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/#product-usage

The integration between the plugins will require some further digging and I will have to call our SLS support team (coding experts).

Either me or someone else will post an update here.

Please keep in mind that the response might take a bit longer.

Thank you for your understanding and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Luís

Hi Vilma ,

Hope you're doing well today!

From what I tested, both plugins can worked together, but there is no "special" integration between them.

Service Providers needs to be added manually, i.e, only the admin user can "promote" a user to be a "service provider".

Also, a Service Provider can promote their services, but the best option should be the admin user create a page specifically to that Service Provider, using the shortcode available in Appointments+ -> Shortcodes:

[app_schedule worker=" 15 "]

Where the "15" is the ID of the Servide Provider.

A Service Provider can set the working hours and confirm own appointments, to do that go to Appointments -> Settings -> Accesibility and set the fields "Allow service provider set working hours" and "Allow service provider confirm own appointments" fields to "Yes".

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Vilma

Hi Luís,
    I still have some doubts, specially because I couldn't test much classifieds. Appointment plus we are facing some problems I am talking to support about synchronizing with providers' google calendars, and even though it is still not working, at least I understood the concept.
    But let me ask you about the steps that would be taken by me and/or by the services providers when using both plugins:
    As I understood, service providers would have access to both plugins' dashboards after I include them as users and give them permission to do so;
    In my case, they are musical teachers who will be advertising guitar, piano, singing classes. So, first thing they will have to do is to create their ads. So, that would be my first question. With that backending access I granted them, what they would be creating? A post like page that would have their add, and it would be in that post like page that I would place that code with their schedule? (Because with the access I gave them to the A+ plugin they would sync their google calendars with our system and also give their time frames with their break hours.)
    I also need to create categories for listing, for instance, all piano teachers together. So, when someone is searching for piano teachers they would see all our service providers and choose one of them. Then they would be taken to that specific service provider page.
    I need also to group them considering the different regions on the city they are located.
    If you could please explain to me how I can do all of that, I would appreciate.
    Thank you!!!

• Vilma

One more thing, Luís. I was trying to include the code you gave, considering that the service provider would have created an ad, and I, as the admin would then include in that post the code for having the possibility for people booking classes as soon as they read the ad, but that code alone wouldn't create the table.

So, just for confirming, in that pre made "make an appointment page", there is this table:

[app_my_appointments]
    [app_services] [app_service_providers]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]

Should I place that code you gave me where both these codes were?

[app_services] [app_service_providers]

• Luís

Hi Vilma ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Regarding to your questions:

So, first thing they will have to do is to create their ads. So, that would be my first question. With that backending access I granted them, what they would be creating? A post like page that would have their add...

If I understood well your question, and as they have access to the backend, they can create their ad going to Classifieds -> Add New;

Also, they can create the ad from the front-end too, going too the "My Classifieds" page (by default use the "classifieds/my-classifieds/" slug), however you have a shortcode to place the "Add new classified" button where you want (check the page Classifieds -> Settings -> Shortcodes).

The "problem" is that, the user needs to be added first as a Service Provider, to have an ID. After that, they can place the Appointments + shortcodes inside the "ad content". Or, you can add the shortcodes after, editing the ad.

I also need to create categories for listing, for instance, all piano teachers together. So, when someone is searching for piano teachers they would see all our service providers and choose one of them. Then they would be taken to that specific service provider page.....

You can create Classified categories going to Classified -> Classified Categories. Regarding to the location, you can use "Tags", or use CustomPress to create a new custom field or a taxonomy to the "Locations".

One more thing, Luís. I was trying to include the code you gave, considering that the service provider would have created an ad, and I, as the admin would then include in that post the code for having the possibility for people booking classes as soon as they read the ad, but that code alone wouldn't create the table.

Well, it will depend the features you want to the page. At least, you need to insert these shortcodes:

[app_monthly_schedule worker="15"]
    [app_confirmation]

Where the "15" is the ID of the Servide Provider. You should replace this number with the correct Service Provider ID, otherwise, it will not create the schedule table.

Also, I am not sure if the Service Provider can provide one or more services. If he/she provide more than one service you will need to include this shortcode too:

[app_services worker="15"]

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.