Classifieds - Tutorials for developers

Hi WPMUDEV

Installing Classifieds is easy but customizing seems not to be working.

Do you have some more information how to achieve a CI Look like we have on our other sides also with classifieds.

There should be a header image which contains buttons similar to the job and experts plugin. As it uses credits we also would need to know if this is the same wallet which also get's used by jobs and experts.

The information provided here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/

looks nice from the optic but is not really useful as the plugin does not provide a way to customize the pages even it provides shortcodes.

But there seem to be no way that the shortcode pages get no more reached when having inserted the shortcode in real pages instead. Also a lot of shortcode is missing to achieve a customized look.

Could you please advise how to proceed and how to setup classifieds in an easy but understandable way. Thanks! (especially we also need to know how it plays together with other plugins installed in our site (which means we have nearly all of WPMUDEV stuff installed. Jobs and Experts, Market Press, Classifieds, Events, Appointment+, Prosites etc.

Thanks

• Luís

Hi Andi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

As this topic is related to one of our plugins and I think the intention was to get support, I moved it from the Members forum to the Support forum.

If you don't already know, we create the Members forum with the intention to better organize the WPMU Community and all the questions related to "non-support", as an example, suggestions about development, plugins, SEO, Marketing, etc. A forum dedicated exclusively to our members to share knowledgement between the community.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/members

Regarding to your questions, in some cases, if you need to customize the Classifieds pages in an "higher" level, maybe the best option should be working with the page templates.

You can find them inside the "wp-content/plugins/classifieds/ui-front/general" folder. You can create a folder called "classifieds" inside your theme root folder and make a copy of these files to override the originals.

As it uses credits we also would need to know if this is the same wallet which also get's used by jobs and experts.

Classifieds and Jobs and Experts uses a different wallet, it's not the same balance, so, you can't use Classifieds credits in Jobs and Experts.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Andi

Thanks Luis

I had a brief look meanwhile. Also here it would be advised to have this section

<ul class="cf_tabs">
    	<li class="<?php if ( $sub == 'active') echo 'cf_active'; ?>"><a href="<?php echo $cf_path . '/?active'; ?>"><?php _e( 'Active Ads', $this->text_domain ); ?></a></li>
    	<li class="<?php if (  $sub == 'saved') echo 'cf_active'; ?>"><a href="<?php echo $cf_path . '/?saved'; ?>"><?php _e( 'Saved Ads', $this->text_domain ); ?></a></li>
    	<li class="<?php if (  $sub == 'ended') echo 'cf_active'; ?>"><a href="<?php echo $cf_path . '/?ended'; ?>"><?php _e( 'Ended Ads', $this->text_domain ); ?></a></li>
    </ul>

done by Ajax reloads instead of queries and page reloads which simply take to much time to reload always a new page - same problem like with the inbox and I guess the solution would be exactly the same anyway.

--
    The provided XML Sample File also would need at least 5-10 example products too to understand how it is working. Right now it imports only categories .
    --

But until now I could not find the actual main page "classifieds"

The page-classified shows no html parts or divs etc nor the search.
    - the search provided on that virtual page actual links to our items (Provided by the javo-directory theme) which is wrong ;-( as it should search classifieds.)

--

What is actually the file wpmu-assist.php doing in mu-plugins?
    The description is a bit strange as it says it allows registering blogs on the multisite - but who is registering it for whom - WPMUDEV?

--
    The following template I could not find! (page-classifieds.php)
    44 load_template( $this->custom_classifieds_template( 'loop-taxonomy' ) );

For what I understood from jobs and experts I would need to get page-classifieds modified but as there is no html part I don't know where to start and help is needed so I get up and running.

The goal is to have a look and feel like on the https://montessori-international.com/jobs-experts/

Thanks
    Andi

• Luís

Hi Andi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Regarding to your questions:

1)

done by Ajax reloads instead of queries and page reloads which simply take to much time to reload always a new page - same problem like with the inbox and I guess the solution would be exactly the same anyway.

I would like to apologize, but I didn't understood what is needed. You need to change this code or use it in other scope? What you are trying to achive?

2)

The provided XML Sample File also would need at least 5-10 example products too to understand how it is working. Right now it imports only categories .

Classifieds have a sample file (inside of "wp-content/plugins/classifieds/samples" folders) an it only have categories.

3)

But until now I could not find the actual main page "classifieds"

The page-classified shows no html parts or divs etc nor the search.
    - the search provided on that virtual page actual links to our items (Provided by the javo-directory theme) which is wrong ;-( as it should search classifieds.)

"page-classifieds.php" only have the query and the terms for the classifieds, however, at the bottom it have a call to the "loop-taxonomy".

So, if you want to edit the HTML code used to display each ad in the "Classifieds" page (Archive page), you should access to the file "loop-taxonomy.php" (found in "wp-content/plugins/classifieds/ui-front/general" folder) and make the changes there.

4)

What is actually the file wpmu-assist.php doing in mu-plugins?
    The description is a bit strange as it says it allows registering blogs on the multisite - but who is registering it for whom - WPMUDEV?

From what I understood (and looking for the plugin code's) it's related to a Multisite environment. When a new user or blog is registered, the plugin switches to the new blog and adds the user to this new blog.

5)

The following template I could not find! (page-classifieds.php)
    44 load_template( $this->custom_classifieds_template( 'loop-taxonomy' ) );

For what I understood from jobs and experts I would need to get page-classifieds modified but as there is no html part I don't know where to start and help is needed so I get up and running.

I think the suggestion given in point 2) can help you in this too, right?

Cheers, Luís

• Andi

Hi Luis

We were talking about Ajaxing internal page reloads previously when talking about the inbox tabs in jobs and experts. In classifieds it is the same problem with those queries which actually only pull data from the db but not at all would need a complete new page every time you hit the buttons.

an it only have categories.

Exactly but having only categories is not really usefull to setup a demo for classifieds i.e. if you want to customize it for a customer needs. Therefore you would need real data and some real classifieds which than get sorted into the categories.

I think your devs could easily do the same with classifieds what they did with adding demo data to jobs and experts - (even I still did not get the demos loaded completely in jobs and experts) -

--
    I will check out the other points you mentioned and get back with my findings and if the "item" data still gets loaded in the search instead of the classifieds data.

Thanks
    Andi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.