Classifieds with Membership

I am using Membership & Buddy Press and would like to have a classifieds section so that everyone can see it including non members.

I would like to charge non members for listing on classifieds but offer it free to my members.

How would I go about this?

• aecnu

Greetings Juliemac,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I would like to charge non members for listing on classifieds but offer it free to my members.

How would I go about this?

You cannot with the plugin out of the box and to accomplish this clearly in the realm of custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Or you could always approach someone like Tweaky

However, to be absolutely certain, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Perhaps he will confirm my suspicions above.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

It can be done. You have to do some minor programming to get it to work.

For anyone to enter a classified they have to be a user registered on the site. This is a basic Wordpress user.

Then there is a Membership through the Membership plugin which adds a level to the user. This is what the programming needs to know about. What level is necessary to let someone enter ads for free?

Then the code would look for that membership level and filter the access to Classifieds.

So you need to think carefully about how you ant it to work so you can explain clearly what's need in the programming and I can give you some more details.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.