CLEAN all parts after deinstallation !

Hallo Team !

had classified for all blogs activated and than decided to have it only in one blog and deactivated it for all blogs and activated only for one blog.

Now I see that in each blog the plugin made 3 pages which are now not needed and only disturb while they are active and thus will be indexed by Google.

I don't think this is a good practice of DEINSTALLATION.
I think with any reinstallation of a plugin or theme there should be a clear mechanism to delete ALL components that are created by the plugin during installation, wouldn't you agree ?

How is it possible now to delete all those pages in all blogs at once ????

Thanks
Dan

• aecnu

Greetings Dan,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

I don't think this is a good practice of DEINSTALLATION.

It is not deinstallation - it is deletion.

I think with any reinstallation of a plugin or theme there should be a clear mechanism to delete ALL components that are created by the plugin during installation, wouldn't you agree ?

I totally agree, but it is not realistic. Considering the possibilities of errors due to the database and their structures. In my opinion it would be far worse to have things deleted that were not meant to be then to have to go in and do a little manual cleanup of those things. This is not windows with a static folder(s) structure and icons to wipe out.

How is it possible now to delete all those pages in all blogs at once ????

To the best of my knowledge they will have to be done individually due to they are not "includes" type pages.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• blogframe

Hi Joe,
    don't think it is that difficult and I am sure realistic and something to await from the developer of such High class system.
    To do that, it is just the other way as creating the pages and creating the variables in the SQL database. In my opinion an easy job for a top software developer, instead awaiting from the customer to clean the "pollution" from maybe some hundreds or even tausends of blogs manually !

Anyway, just my 2 cent.
    For me it is clear what I will do, I will install another system for testing purposes and test a theme or plugin before installing in the main system to avoid pollution of the SQL databases.

And finally I would consider a description about such inconsequent deinstallation process, so the user could take precautions to avoid this.

It is such a wonderful system, that you all gave created, so think about changing above maybe in the future.
    Thank you and all the best.
    Dan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.