cleaning database from unused or deleted wpmudev plugin

Hello
Happy New Year. I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday.
I am building a network for a client who had at some point used CoursePress and MarketPress and am trying to clean up. I have done as much cleaning as I can including the options table, but for some reason, Advanced access manager plugin still shows CoursePress and MarketPress under miscellaneous for setting capabilities. It tells me there are some tables in the database. I have no idea where they are. I need to find a way to clean this up.
Please, can you tell me how I can achieve this?? I don't understand why it is so difficult to remove these data after deactivation and deletion of these plugins.
I would appreciate any help you can give on resolving this issue.
Regards
Sophie

• Rupok

Hi Sophie,

can you tell me how I can achieve this?? I don't understand why it is so difficult to remove these data after deactivation and deletion of these plugins

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Actually most WordPress plugins don't delete database tables created by them so you can access content created with those plugins later when you activate them again. Suppose, you activated a plugin which creates custom post type "food". You created couple of posts in that post type. Now when you delete that plugin, all files of that plugin are deleted, but not the data stored in database. So when you install and activate that plugin later, you can access your previously created posts in that plugin.

Again, most plugins try to create minimum number of tables in your database and try to accommodate data in your existing WP tables. That's why, sometimes it become critical to remove all those data. Those don't do any harm to your site, but they stay for future usage.

However, if you want the list of database tables created with CoursePress Pro and MarketPress, I can ping our developers for that list and provide you.

I've not used Advanced Access Manager plugin yet, so not sure why it's still listing CoursePress Pro and MarketPress. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. Please let us know if you need anything else from our end. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• sophie

Hello
    I don't mind at all. You would be helping me greatly. But I have this on a site ragsnriches.club where I am working as a network for my client. He has an account with you, and I am using his. How do I achieve it, so you will know I have given you access.
    I suppose I should have created the ticket from the backend of that site where I have access to his hub. But I do need this info for future as well.
    I like your plugin, but he wants to use LearnPress for several reasons, mainly they have a feature called collection that answers a lot of issues for my client.
    Please let me know how to give you access to that site where you will know what it is.
    Regards
    Sophie

• Nithin

Hi sophie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Please let me know how to give you access to that site where you will know what it is.

To make it easier, you can send the login credentials of the website, using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please let us know once you have sent the credentials, so that we could give a closer look at your configuration. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• sophie

Mr. Nithin Ramdas
    I apologize for the delay.
    I have used your instruction and sent URL and user and pass. You can access the entire network. I've made a backup of the site. I have the advanced DB cleaner - premium version installed. Hoping I can find it under options, but I can't see anything that I can 100% attribute to CoursePress anymore.

Also, I have decided to use presspermit along with capability manager enhanced for this project. It is easier for my client, and they don't need complex permissions.
    I can see the CoursePress there as well.
    I appreciate your help on this matter.
    Regards
    Sophie

• Nithin

Hi sophie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid the website isn't loading, I'm getting the following message when trying to access your website:

Is the domain name you have shared correct? ragsnr*****.bi ? You can send the correct credentials the same way as before, if there is any correction. Could you please advise what I'm missing so that we could help get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.