Clearing Cache or Fixing Changes not showing

Is there a cache clearing option for Upfront Builder? I am making change inside the editor (Create in Builder) and the live site is not taking some changes, in this case, the sticky of the menu region works in the edit view, but not in the live. Also, when making changes to the responsive views, in the editor I see the font is the right size, but in the live, the desktop size is taking from the mobile view.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sacred Website,

When doing changes in Editor (not Builder) then all should be showing on live site instantly (it will not work when you edit in Builder, then in Editor and again in Builder – then changes won't show). There is cache in Upfront -> General

Can you try that and see if it will help? If not would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• Sacred Website
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia, thank you for your reply.

Please see attached, I do not have a clear cache option under the General settings menu.

I am not sure why, as I remember there used to be one with upfront, but this is a new site.

I love upfront, but knowing its a new software, I know it has bugs.

The issues I am having may not be easily fixed by you on this form.

For example, I set different appearance profiles, for each active breakpoint in the responsive view,

but the live site still has desktop styling on the mobile view.

I have a sticky region menu, which in the editor works well, but on the live site, barely moves then seems to not sticky.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sacred Website,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Please see attached, I do not have a clear cache option under the General settings menu.

I am not sure why, as I remember there used to be one with upfront, but this is a new site.

This seems to be minor glitch, please go to Upfront > User Restrictions, and then re-save the settings, and the cache option should appear under General Settings.

For example, I set different appearance profiles, for each active breakpoint in the responsive view,

but the live site still has desktop styling on the mobile view.

I have a sticky region menu, which in the editor works well, but on the live site, barely moves then seems to not sticky.

It seems like the support access isn’t enabled. I would like to check your website to have a better understanding of this issue, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Sacred Website

Support is granted.

I see the clear cache button now.

Cache seems to not update efficiently.

Often, in Builder, changes are saved, looks good there, live site does not take all saves, styles missing recent changes.

Moving to appearance edit must only be done after builder, or changes will not be applied to builder files, only to database (this is expected but can cause in consistency in design if the user does not know this).

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sacred,

I'm checking your site in Builder and I'm having a bit of trouble with replicating this issue.

I checked first on the mobile and fonts there were huge and there was no space for them. So I edited them in the Builder, for mobile view, so they were smaller and then I saved it in Builder.

Then I check on site, live and change was applied:

Now fonts are not huge.

Can you provide exact steps I can replicate this?

kind regards,

Kasia

• Sacred Website

Its easy to see the issue.

You go into builder to do an edit.

You see in the builder that the edit screen has changes, in this case white text on the front page screen.

you Save the changes, go to the live site, and the changes are not visible.

as a matter of fact. the entire menu is missing.

see screen shots.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.