clearing up a plugin/theme related conflict

Hey. So, I downloaded a plugin from code canyon which is awesome yet is screwing with the display of my blog posts; so that's no bueno.

Their team says they don't offer support for the plugin; which is a hassle and I didn't notice at first.

However, I do really like it. Tell me; what is the procedure by which one investigates making a plug-in work with a theme? I'm sure it's some kind of a code conflict, and possibly not a big one. Save for the fact that it messes with my blog posts showing, it works fabulously.

Is this something I hire out? If so, how?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Griffin,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We might be able to help you out to figure this out if you can tell us what exactly are the issues you are having, are they visual, issues in functionality, etc.

If the issue is only with CSS that should be easily resolved with playing a bit with selectors.

Are there any errors in console that could tell you which file is in conflict?
    Sometimes plugins/themes could be using same file or function name and that could cause issues so in that case simply renaming them could fix the issue.

Before going on and hiring a dev could you share with us site that is having issues so we can have a look at it?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.