Client deactivation w/ Stripe throwing error

I am using your stripe integration. I just tried to cancel. I got this

Unrecognized request URL (GET: /v1/customers/xxxxxxxx/subscriptions/). Please see https://stripe.com/docs or we can help at https://support.stripe.com/.

I'm not sure if the cancellation failed and I need to handle it in Stripe? In fact, I just checked and it looks like it didn't cancel in Stripe.

  • Sajid

    Hi @narasopa

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    It looks like the request is not being recognized by stripe API due to missing parameters in the URL.

    If its okay for you can you grant support access so I can take a closer on your settings and also can create a test account. You can grant access by following steps mentioned in this manual.

    I am also flagging developer of this plugin for their invaluable feedback on this matter. They will reply here as soon as possible depending on their workload.

    Take care and have nice day :slight_smile:

    Cheers, Sajid

  • narasopa

    I have granted support access. I've also done a bit more digging and found something interesting. In the sites list, if it is really the domain missing, there are domains missing in multiple places. For example, in the dropdown list of sites, for every site that has domain mapping, the links go to the NON MAPPED version of the domain (so justinhandley.com links to justinhandley.webmissioncontrol.com) But if a domain isn't mapped with the domain mapping plugin - like support.webmissioncontrol.com - then that domain shows up in the list as http://wp-admin - this also happens on the 'My Sites' page and in other places where links to users sites are (like after payment in Pro Sites, the 'back to my site' link just goes to https://wp-admin. I think this may all be related.

  • Sajid

    Hi @narasopa

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    I guess its not working due to domain mapping plugin. We have had another thread, issue reported by a member and his stripe payment were not being success after trial.

    Did you tried deactivating domain mapping plugin and then tested it again ? If not then please disable domain mapping plugin and try again. Let us know if that's still not working and I will report this behaviour to the developer of this plugin.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Cheers, Sajid

  • Sajid

    Hi @narasopa

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    Well in this case do you have staging site ? If don't then you can create one by following steps mentioned in this article. It helped a lot while debugging as well as its recommended to test/upgrade new plugins on staging before going live.
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

    If you are on WPEngine then its super easy and can be created in four steps.

    1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard (yourdomain.com/wp-admin or installname.wpengine.com/wp-admin).
    2. Click on the WP Engine logo on the side bar located at the top left corner.
    3. Select the “Staging” tab.
    4. Click “Copy site from LIVE to STAGING.”

    I also flagged it to the developer and sending him direct message again.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Cheers, Sajid