Clone a large woocommerce site with WPML

Hi,

I need to duplicate or clone my woocommerce site on multisite with its translations with over 1500 products with 3 different languages in WPML.
I need to separate each languages (english, indonesia and french) and products from the mainsite into a multisite (English Store - French Store - Indonesian Store).
I've tried using CLONER but it didnt do the job. The clone job was a success but pages, products, orders, themes, translations, and settings werent cloned.

Is there any way to accomplish a clone for a large woocommerce site with WPML?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Archie,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Cloner doesn't have any limitation on number of data it can clone, your issue is most likely due to your server limitations that prevent that amount of data to be processed.

Can you try increasing your memory limit and maximum execution time to see if the cloner can finish the process properly after that?
    You can increase the WordPress memory and maximum execution time by following the instructions provided on below pages.
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Archie Dennis
    • New Recruit

Hi,

I've tried to increase memory limit and max execution time. but somehow now it gave me error 500 when i tried to clone the site. Is there anything wrong with the setup?
    FYI my database size is over 485mb.

Do you think cloner is capable on duplicating the massive database and products?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Archie Dennis!

it's quite a big database but Cloner should be able to handle that. It doesn't do it in "one go" but instead it triggers AJAX calls to proceed "step by step" so that means that usually it should be able to run pretty much indefinitely.

I'm wondering though about that 500 error. You mentioned that it shows only after you attempted to increase memory limit and max ececution time. Did it affected ONLY the Cloner part or other parts of the site too?

Are these limits currently raised or did you removed any codes that you added trying to raise them?

Finally, would you mind granting me a support access to your setup so I could take a closer look at what is happening? To do this please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

May I try to clone the site to some new sub-site for testing (it may be removed later)?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Archie Dennis
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back as i didnt get any notifications on any reply on this thread.

I've granted you a support access to my setup. And yes, you may clone the primary site to the new sub-site.

Please let me know if there's anything, as its almost getting me frustrated to get it done. I really hope that i can find a bright light on this.

Best regards,
    Archie

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Archie,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and actually it seems that cloner process doesn't start properly on your end.

When I start cloning process on your site it will just hang for some time and then open the new "cloned" site that actually seems just like a new subsite without anything cloned.

What should happen after starting cloning is new screen opening with steps what's being cloned, I just tested this on my end with WPML active and had no issue with it, and this is how that step should look:

So it seems there's something on your site preventing Cloner from working properly.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Try to clone your main site again and if there are any errors it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

I would also suggest checking with your host for server logs to see if there's anything in there that could tell us what happened.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Archie Dennis
    • New Recruit

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Yes, the cloner seems just not working and it only create a blank new site instead of a clone.

Attached is the error log from the wp_debug as requested.
    Hopefully we can figure something out from the log.

Best regards,
    Archie

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Archie,

There are couple of notices in there that shouldn't be causing any issues, and there are couple of warnings coming from So-CSS plugin so it's worth giving it a try with that plugin is disabled.

Strangest one is the "WordPress database error The size of BLOB/TEXT data" error that I didn't encounter before but reading on online about it it seems that might just be the cause as it's related to db size, can you try the solution here:
    http://srvfail.com/blob-data-length-greater-10-total-redo-log-size/

Or if you're not sure about applying it check with your host about the error and they should be able to put some light on it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.